Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Dickpants, the Smiteful perma ban

1. Default

Oh, so you're a mind reader and KNOW that it made no difference to the terrorists? In that case, I'll give you that point. If, on the other hand you're NOT telepathic, it can help make tactical decisions, aka: a difference can be made.

Unnecessary for the banning? Okay, I'll grant you that. Of course, that's not what you said, but I'll grant you it now that you've cleared that up.

Ghosting requires being dead, and just look how acolyte and perry responded to it. As ghosting is a well known term, which you posted the definition of, you know quite well that is not what he's doing. What was he doing? Giving the location of a combatant(tactical information) at intervals(updates). He was not dead(ghost) and giving information. If you don't want to call it my term, that's fine, just find a non-offensive term.

For your two questions: just look above. Calling it something that is rule breaking is making someone look bad. This is especially true when people will read what is written, but not watch the video, as represented here. Calling it that when it is clearly NOT that is misrepresentation.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmage View Post
    Oh, so you're a mind reader and KNOW that it made no difference to the terrorists? In that case, I'll give you that point. If, on the other hand you're NOT telepathic, it can help make tactical decisions, aka: a difference can be made.

Unnecessary for the banning? Okay, I'll grant you that. Of course, that's not what you said, but I'll grant you it now that you've cleared that up.

Ghosting requires being dead, and just look how acolyte and perry responded to it. As ghosting is a well known term, which you posted the definition of, you know quite well that is not what he's doing. What was he doing? Giving the location of a combatant(tactical information) at intervals(updates). He was not dead(ghost) and giving information. If you don't want to call it my term, that's fine, just find a non-offensive term.

For your two questions: just look above. Calling it something that is rule breaking is making someone look bad. This is especially true when people will read what is written, but not watch the video, as represented here. Calling it that when it is clearly NOT that is misrepresentation.
    Did I say he broke the rules once?

He was giving the location of a team mate, how is that tactical information? Of course that information might be helpful if the admin hadn't been in the server. But again, nightstrife was in process of getting the evidence needed to permaban the hacker and kygn is constantly reinforcing that he is not only completely aware that dickpants was hacking but that he was going to tell everyone on the server the exact whereabouts of the hacker. One thing you might not have noticed was dickpants responding to insults over voice. He was responding through chat.

Why are you trying to misconstrue my words in to this insult against kygn?

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by [usn]scribble[nuke] View Post
    Why are you trying to misconstrue my words in to this insult against kygn?
    lmfao... blackmage is kygn... that or it was mages brother.

look children it's real simple.

-if you're dead, and talking about what's going on in game, it's ghosting.

-if you're alive talking about shit in game, it's fine.

-if you follow your own team around, giving there location out, that's greifing, unless you're dead, then it's ghosting.

scribble is right about the stfu policy if there's a hacker. PM a admin(in-game or through steam) or just record the damn demo yourself instead of even announcing it.

if you call out "THIS GUYS! HACKING ZOMG!!" they toggle the hacks off, or just turn them off all together, which then in turn makes the admin waste a bunch of his time trying 2 demo the guy and catch him.

now every 1 stop fighting before I kick all your asses

Maynard - The WCS Guy

4. Default

lmfao... blackmage is kygn... that or it was mages brother.

-if you follow your own team around, giving there location out, that's greifing, unless you're dead, then it's ghosting.
    as far as the ghosting thing went, yes i was wrong, i meant griefing.

5. Default

Ghosting = against the rules. Doing something against the rules = breaking the rules. Stop me if I'm wrong here.

As for tactical information, locations of people is useful for tactics, such as avoidance, or ambushing. It was tactical information to the team fighting the hacker. As the player(dick) wasn't dead or banned yet, it was useful TO THE OTHER PLAYERS. The admin being there just means he will be gone soon, it doesn't help THE OTHER PLAYERS in the mean time.

As for the text chatting, yes, I saw and read it. Your point being? That he was aware people knew? That not only Kygn was clearly calling him a hacker? Please clarify what you mean there.

As for me "misconstrue"ing your words, just look what happened when I tried to change your term into something non-insulting. How did Perry and Acolyte respond? Then you decided to edit your post and quote the rules pertaining to ghosting, which if you really didn't think he was ghosting were not relevant, and if you did think he was ghosting, showed he wasn't. You're the one who decided to use the word ghosting and assume people wouldn't "misconstrue" it as the server defined meaning of ghosting.

Or do you mean the fact that I misconstrued "unnecessary" due to you not bothering to write out what you meant?

Edit:

Maynard: My brother. Want both of us to get on the mic together? We've done that before for people who don't believe me But, I harass him when he does things wrong, and I will stand up for him when he does things right. Or not wrong, as the case may be.

As for "griefing" a hacker, lol.

And I already agreed with the STFU about the hacker part

And like I said, it's not unneccesary(except to get him banned), annoying or ghosting, given the situation in the game. That's what I've been trying to say.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmage View Post
    Maynard: My brother. Want both of us to get on the mic together? We've done that before for people who don't believe me
    I know that kygn is either you or your brother. cause back when you were like in the top 3 on the server like way back in the day, and your brother would play the showtop10 would say kygn and for the longest time I was competly confused as 2 who the fuck that is, and how they got on the top 10 so fast lol.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

7. Default

Yes it was annoying and unnecessary. It doesn't matter if you see it that way or not.

Had I made or intended to make a claim that kygn broke rules, I would have provided evidence to prove it.

8. Default

Like I said, you said it was "annoying and unnecessary", and that's how you see it, I gave an example as to why it could have been not. Though if you want to go by the meaning "we could have done without it", so was this banning, but anyway...

As for the claim, first off, you already said you used the wrong word, second off:

Had I made or intended to make a claim that kygn broke rules, I would have provided evidence to prove it.
    for your brain:

VI. Ghosting

1) When used ingame from same residence

A) When two or more people communicate verbally or via any other means the location and or whereabouts of enemies on a given map

2) When used via Vent ect...

A) When two or more players use a program outside of the game to communicate the location and or whereabouts of enemies on a given map

Edit: This is my last post in this thread. Thanks to Night for keeping our server clean and giving me a fun diversion while doing housework
    Last edited by Blackmage; 06-17-2010 at 05:45 PM.

9. Default

lol what did i start lol oh well

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Perry View Post
    like calling rape surprise buttsecks.
    Why would anyone confuse me with rape? I suck at CSS.