Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Dickpants, the Smiteful perma ban

1. Default Dickpants, the Smiteful perma ban

18: STEAM_0:0:15224006 Dickpants, the Smiteful

Ibis pub around 10:50 am june 17 2010

Banned for aimboting and possibly walling but aimboting for sure

2. Default

after watching this demo i would like to reemphasize that people should not call out hackers as openly as they do. night obviously had it under control.

in the event you believe a hacker is on the server, send a message to an admin. do not say it publicly. if there is no admin, do everyone a favor and jump to spec and grab an sb_status screenshot and a demo of said hacker.

calling the hacker a fag, calling him a hacker, etc. will only cause them to toggle if they are trying to go unsuspected.

@kygn - ghosting him on voice is annoying and unnecessary.

3. Default

Actually scribble, many people do appreciate getting the tactical updates, myself included. Avoidance or hunting, whatever you're trying to do, it's helpful. As he wasn't ghosting, as you suggested, and no one was complaining, I will disagree with you totally on that point.

As for going on and on about hacking without bothering to get a demo, I'll agree with you there. If someone doesn't want to go spec to do it, just kill yourself at the start of a round or two. If they are really hacking, get a demo, get an admin, then make a big deal out of it.

4. Default

ummm, don't give out info once you're dead or in spec. real simple.

don't call it "tactical updates". it's ghosting. don't do it
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

calling ghosting tactical updates is like calling rape surprise buttsecks.

6. Default

Watch the demo, read what I said, he wasn't dead.

7. Default

Thank you for your comment, blackmage. You can have your two cents back, seeing as I don't need them.

for your brain:
    VI. Ghosting
    1) When used ingame from same residence
    A) When two or more people communicate verbally or via any other means the location and or whereabouts of enemies on a given map
    2) When used via Vent ect...
    A) When two or more players use a program outside of the game to communicate the location and or whereabouts of enemies on a given map

8. Default

I'm not the one misrepresenting another and trying to make them look bad, so you can keep the change.

He was in the same residence? Or was he dead? Or using another program such as vent? As far as I could tell, he was alive. Ghosting is sharing information when you normally couldn't, EG: being dead and having to find a way around it.

9. Default

He was alive and telling everyone where dickpants was going. It's annoying because it doesn't make any difference whatsoever. It's unnecessary because it wasn't helping nightstrife record a demo of dickpants.

Ghosting is the only term that fits the description of what kygn was doing. It doesn't matter if he is alive and on the same team.

"I'm just going to tell you where he's going." is exactly (paraphrased) what kygn said.

Who am I trying to make look bad?
    Who am I misrepresenting?

10. Default

if he wasn't dead, it wasn't ghosting.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?