Thread: Which variation for fy_skytowers?

1. Default Which variation for fy_skytowers?

My re-do of sky_towers is almost complete, (except for the water ladders, which I might just scrap anyway and put standard ones in) but now I want it to have a theme attached.

So which should I choose?

fy_snow_towers
    fy_lava_towers
    fy_space_towers
    fy_dust_towers
    fy_stone_towers
    fy_tech_towers

Or some different theme attached to give it a specific feel. The current skybox I'm using is for snow towers and it looks like so:
    Attached Images

2. Default

i like the water ladders. but arrange them like this:
    (attatched)

makes it easier to use them, because you can't just run through it as easily.

and w/out seeing a picture of each variation, i couldn't pick one to use. the one you pictured is nice though.

i'd be interested in seeing tech, lava, and space towers
    Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    i like the water ladders. but arrange them like this:
    (attatched)

makes it easier to use them, because you can't just run through it as easily.

and w/out seeing a picture of each variation, i couldn't pick one to use. the one you pictured is nice though.

i'd be interested in seeing tech, lava, and space towers
    I already did the walls like that.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    I already did the walls like that.
    ok.i'm happy.
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.

5. Default

I vote for whichever version that the numerous members of our community who don't like variety will play...

But, lava sounds interesting, and would make me feel better when I go "splat death" to have something appropriate around me

And the water ladders are fun, since they add an element of stealth. Or would, if the map wasn't pitch black

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmage View Post
    I vote for whichever version that the numerous members of our community who don't like variety will play...

But, lava sounds interesting, and would make me feel better when I go "splat death" to have something appropriate around me

And the water ladders are fun, since they add an element of stealth. Or would, if the map wasn't pitch black
    hmmm, make the walls on the water ladders clear, ans non-bulletproof?

7. Default

This is my final version.

And I removed all the water ladders because they were FUBAR so I have them as ladders now with black dividers to keep people from seeing all the way down.
    Attached Images

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    This is my final version.

And I removed all the water ladders because they were FUBAR so I have them as ladders now with black dividers to keep people from seeing all the way down.
    looks sweet. shame about the watrladders tho. they were pretty fun. i think the main problem was they were too small. in zm, 420_beachstrike, the things are HUGEly big.

9. Default

I like the final version. The player models look great against the sky box and map terrain.

The only issue I (personally) have is the size of the map. It seems like as a normal walking player you are going to get picked off quick in the hall ways. I just don't see much advantage to moving from which tower you spawn.

My suggestion would be to make a few versions of the space map with shorter in length and wider in width halls. Add some obstacles for normal walkers to hide behind moving from tower to tower.

Again, the map is great but reconsider (just for exploratory reasons if any) the size of the halls to make a well balanced map. Awps are not allowed on wcs and scouts are weak for some races through glass and the such. It really limits the ability to play the full spectrum of races.

Although it doesn't really matter considering the integration of the new engine today (or whenever).