Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: wards and italy.

1. Default wards and italy.

warding the apartments on italy is 100% ok. not sure who, but some admin keeps enforcing that it's not allowed, and it's blocking the objective...?

warding the apartments doesn't even remotely come close 2 blocking the objective, there's still like 3 other paths you can take, plz stop enforcing rules that don't exist, and causing mass confusion.

the entire rule of not blocking the objective means you can't place a ward that would prevent the T's from planting the bomb, or the CT's from rescuing the hostages. like if I warded all around the house on italy, that would be a no no. if there's 3 ways 2 get 2 the objective then you can block 2 of them.
    Last edited by maynard; 06-17-2010 at 09:33 PM.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

2. Default

You all hear that you idiots from 2 months ago? I was right. I do know the rules for this server. Imagine that. Anyway, as no one probably knows or cares about that incident anymore :P

In my experience, it isn't admins who get on people's cases, it's people who say an admin told them. AKA: hearsay.

If it is admins not just basing off of hearsay, I can think of three things that I want to bring up for a reason that I can no longer recall:

Because if you put it by the window, you DO cut off all access to the hosties. Note to anyone who does want to ward Italy house, LEAVE THE WINDOW ALONE! Probably should leave the boxes that access the window alone too.

Too close to the front door may touch lower hosties. I haven't tested this.

Or they thought the crackhouse/nipperhouse rules extended to all maps with houses. (Given I can show you one or two "safe" places on crack, and the whole front wall on nipper).

On that note, I've now got you to mention an official stance on Italy, next, ESTATE!

3. Default

well over the past week or so every time I log on, I got someone crying 2 me that they've been kicked or temp bannd for warding in the appartments on italy. I don't care whose doing it, but it needs 2 stop.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

4. Default

i think its cuz some ppl refer to t spawn as apartments

5. Default

no, cause people who are in the actual apartments are being bannd for warding in the actual apartments.....
    Last edited by maynard; 06-18-2010 at 04:54 AM.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

6. Default

the rule's always been no warding the house.

sometimes, people confiuse that as no warding the appartments.

this topic should clear that up nicely
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

7. Default

what about warding the rescue zone? nothings ever been said about that

also, what if the bomb is planted at A, can you then ward B since it's no longer a bomb site?

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    what about warding the rescue zone? nothings ever been said about that

also, what if the bomb is planted at A, can you then ward B since it's no longer a bomb site?
    1. Of course not. It is the direct target for the hostages and is thus an objective therefor not legal.

2. I think to keep people from being confused (especially since someone could just say "i didnt know it was the bombsite man!") I would say that sites are always illegal.

9. Default

nem brings up good point though:

there will always be that one asshole who can't accept "use common sense" as an answer.

how about: when you're taking hosties to zone, can you ward as you're going?

is it legal to ward when you're carrying the bomb (as long as you're not in a bomb zone?
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

10. Default

there's no warding the bombsites at any point. even if the bomb is planted at A, you still should not ward B. keep in mind, the bomb site is the little yellow square box on your mini map, not the entire room that box is in.

if you're taking hosties 2 the zone you can ward along the way, but you gotta keep moving you can't hide in a room and baricade yourself in with wards. same goes with T's on there way 2 the bomb, you can drop wards blocking the path you took, but you must keep moving and you can't fully block the objective. there must always still be another path the other team has the option of taking 2 complete or prevent the objective.

the warding rules are 2 prevent people from fully blocking the objective. it's fine 2 block optional paths 2 the objective. but the objective must always be able 2 be completed.

most confusion comes when people try 2 get 2 the objective and find they're blocked from doing it on the path they choose due 2 a ward. this does not mean the objective is blocked, it means you're inconvenienced, and need 2 take 1 of the other routes to where you need to go.
    Last edited by maynard; 06-18-2010 at 05:32 PM.

Maynard - The WCS Guy