Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: No block?

1. Default No block?

This morning on the map raccoon facility all of the admins were arguing about wether to turn no block on or not. Oasis (who is an old regular) was saying that there used to not be a no block option or parachutes so we should keep it off. Myself, Amon, Kaew, and Oneeye all said that no block should be on because it was an escape map and people were getting stuck on the ladders.

So basically what happened was for the duration of the map Oasis versus some other admin (not sure who) were constantly turning no block on and off and the players were complaining.

So can we get a ruling on this? I know there is no set rule about no block having to be enabled on escape maps but for as long as I have played on the server even before I was admin they always turned no block on.

I get that Oasis is "old school" as he said and is used to playing with block on and no parachutes but considering that we have both of those things as an option now shouldn't we use it?
    Got pug?
    Quote Originally Posted by hitman
    Hey Shrek take it easy.....why dont you grab your gf Fiona from that pic and just leave?

2. Default

personally, i prefer noblock to stay off at all times. even for escapes. admins just have to be good about kicking people who block (it's not always the guy on the top of the laddar)

it should always be off for zm_ maps however. never, ever turn it on for a zm_ map
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

3. Default

Having noblock on makes escape maps just SO SO easy... with noblock off it's fair for BOTH sides.

I don't care whether or not you have the options, it ruins it.

I don't like noblock being turned on but we should see what zero says about this.
    I fucking love music
    Rip Paul Gray

-----------------------
    Server rules
    TOS
    How to report admin abuse
    How to find hackers

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Oasis View Post
    Having noblock on makes escape maps just SO SO easy... with noblock off it's fair for BOTH sides.

I don't care whether or not you have the options, it ruins it.
    It doesn't make it fair, people block ladders and doors and then it's just a mass murder from the back on.

How is it fair if I get blocked from going somewhere and then get killed?
    Got pug?
    Hey Shrek take it easy.....why dont you grab your gf Fiona from that pic and just leave?

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by XxMastagunzxX View Post
    I don't like noblock being turned on but we should see what zero says about this.
    Yes at the end of the day it is up to zero... but he should ponder on this for awhile. Take into account the old regulars and new regulars opinions.

@Xen : You're an admin, if the person blocks on purpose then kick them. If they don't block on purpose, then stop bitching.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Oasis View Post
    @Xen : You're an admin, if the person blocks on purpose then kick them. If they don't block on purpose, then stop bitching.
    lawls you were the one who started the bitch fight this morning when you started yelling at me to leave no block off when I wasn't the one who turned it on to begin with.

I didn't post this to argue with you, I posted it to get a ruling from someone who actually fucking matters.
    Got pug?

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Xen_Warrior View Post
    lawls you were the one who started the bitch fight this morning when you started yelling at me to leave no block off when I wasn't the one who turned it on to begin with.

I didn't post this to argue with you, I posted it to get a ruling from someone who actually fucking matters.
    Then why quote me? And yes I bitched at you because you were against what I said as well. You were following behind every other dumb fuck who thought it was "protocol" or a rule to leave noblock on for escape maps.

9. Default

IMO it depends on the map. Certain maps, if you have parachutes, you can pretty much skip 50% of the level (i.e. rooftop runaway) and always win. Others, if no-block is on it gets wayyy to easy because humans can just stack one on top of the other in defensible spots (I'm looking at you, space station escape). However, some maps, like Jurassic Park, really benefit from no block because of all the jumps that certain people feel like they have to take 30 seconds to line up while blocking everyone else.

Basically, maps should be treated on an individual basis. I don't think a blanket policy will solve anything.

Then again, I'm just a nub, so take my advice with a grain of salt.

10. Default

Should be off, and staying off. Back in the days it never or HARDLY ever got turned on, and we managed fine.
    As for the ladders, its not always the top one. If you get your head up someone's ass, the guy above you CAN'T move. not that he/she doesn't want to. It sucks, ofcourse. If you get blocked by some lartass on the ladder. but its not any more fair to the person who gets a head up his ass, making him unable to move.
    Xenn<3: if your getting old then I am old
    Rob | Ibis.a: Older women are yum though.
    Rob | Ibis.a: so its cool.
    Xenn<3: oh dear jesus lol
    (ADMIN) aNex <ibis>: You are the super senior admin first class with three ranks above other admins.
    Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    o.O dude, you're fucking dead. i don't think posting photoshopped pics of zero's mother sleeping with the pope would even come CLOSE to taking on rob.