Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: So the work is starting

1. Default

Yeah pretty nice, just alittle dark, I think.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    So tonight I started playing with some of the new brushes that I added and tried getting a feel for gimp 2.4

This stuff was just messing around having some fun but you can see some of the effects that I can do now. I am off to bed tonight but now I have a better idea how some of the brushes work.
    i really like that red/yellow/blue image. it's cool

3. Default

Yea I thought the same thing, but I do really like how the test ended up after I added the drips and stuff. I think the spray is really cool

4. Default

wow sounds pretty sweet

5. Default

Lookin' good Zero. Looks as though that motivation has been kickin' in, eh?

Hell, worse comes to worse, at least you changed that avatar, lol.

6. Default

So today I made some major progress with the layout that I want. I have really been thinking about what would be most functional for the type of content while looking good and being easy to manage. I decided to go with a 3 panel layout like the one I have now except the two panels will be reversed. The layout will be more simular to bit-tech.net except that the center panel is going to be wider to accommodate different shaped modules that will be wider than the ones I use now. I do plan to use the same heading system that they use so that the headers are more centered on the screen. In addition to that the text for the left panel will be on the left side with the image to the right just like it is on that site. This is to prevent a content overflow in the center. I also plan to write the article listing in php code that reads the data off of an xml file so that I can easily update it and so that the very same xml file can be read by you all as the actual head line feed. I might even program the same thing to handle the articles themselves.

Originally I was going to use a content management system, but then I saw that it was going to be too hard to learn their language and code to make a template that looked really good on my own. So instead I have basically decided to make my own content system by using php scripts and xml code. This will probably be better in the long run as I can re make the grafix in the site easier and the site it's self will not be reliant on databases. In laymens terms the site will be really fast and not have any chance of producing errors while at the same time be very dynamic and 100% hard coded by me.

7. Default

Sounds great!! keep the good work!!! much appreciate!!

Peace

8. Arrow

I wanted to let you all know that I think that I am going to divide the new site into two versions to decrease release time. Version 1 will be the new website looking the exact way I want it too except that it will be 100% hand updated with raw code. Version 2 will replace the content part of the site with dynamic html generation. There should be no noticeable difference between the two versions for you. The second version will just be much much faster to update and regulate.

A main reason for this is that I currently already have a lot of new content waiting for the new site that is not yet available to you. Another reason is that I want to be able to deliver fresh content to you as soon as possible in the short and long term. (not just in the long term) Therefor the separation of this project into two parts has become apparent. I should also note that doing it this way will make it easier for me to simply hire a more skilled php programmer if I am unable to make the dynamic content generation part on my own.

I thank you all again for you continued support of IBIS Gaming and I just want to let you all know that I am doing all of this so that you all can have a great site with great content in the shortest time frame possible. Why, well because you deserve it!

9. Default

WERE NOT WORTHY!
    -MBP

10. Default

cant wait to see it zero