Thread: So the work is starting

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Arrow So the work is starting

I have told a few of you that I was planning on building a new website for the home page, ect. of IBIS Gaming. Well today I finished my first step, new brushes! With over 1700+ brushes I can now make some really cool looking graphics. I plan to make the nav non flash but the site will have some flash usage. In addition to visual improvements, I plan to preform major content overhauls on the site. I already have 2 large papers typed up that I plan to put on the site and I will be working on other small ones. I also want to start a system that will allow users to submit articles to be published on the site. Who knows, maybe in the future I will start a system where you can get a free reserved slot for X time if you write some popular articles.

In addition to a new site layout and design I plan to release a series of art work and other multimedia items to promote IBIS Gaming. Things such as: in game sprays, forum signatures, desktop backgrounds, screen savers, counterstrike menu mods, and backgrounds, boot screens, and maybe even login screens. All of which will be themed around the new site. You may even see some additional changes to the forums graphics, however the overall theme of the forums will remain the same.

I do a lot of work on the servers but keeping everything up on the web end is important to. I want the great community of IBIS to have the website it deserves. This is why I want to make a new one from the ground up! I have learned a lot over the last year and although I am not studying HTML, AJAX, JAVA, PHP, SQL, or FLASH in school I still think that the things that I have learned on my own over the last year will greatly help me to improve this site and give us one of the best looking and laid out designs on the internet

Thank you all for your support of IBIS! Without all of you none of this would be possible. I am only one man, and one man can only accomplish so much. But with the support of a great community it is much easier to push yourself to new heights. I thank you all once again from the bottom of my heart. It is you who make IBIS GREAT
    Last edited by ZERO; 08-21-2008 at 04:10 PM.