Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Want some clarification

1. Default Ok, it's happened again and I'd like a def answer

Ok so the same issue has come up but I'll copy the convo....

We had a regular map vote and 007_bluesector won, a decent map that isn't too mad. Then the admin cancelled the vote when it was over and set the map to one he wanted to play. At the start of the round I brought it up.

I typed mostly so there would be a record of it and I think I have all of it...

Hodgie : (admin), you can't just pick maps to play without a vote... i understand if people ask for it but no one asked for this

no response (don't know if he saw it)

<ibis.a>: STOP CAMPING SPAWN
    Hodgie : stop picking maps you want to play
    Hodgie : let the votes happen
    <ibis.a>: I pay 11 $ per month for that
    Hodgie : not to treat it like your personal server
    <ibis.a>: 11$ for choosing map

This convo was spread out over a few rounds and I had to look back in console to get it... I believe I have gotten all of it though.

Does havin admin let you just cancel a vote and pick a map you want to play without consulting any of the nonadmin players for their opinion.

EDIT: I was looking at the TOS and I guess it falls under #2: 2) Map changes will be dictated by high ranking clan members** / the automated map vote. If there are no high ranking clan members on the server, the first admin on the server will have the privilege of changing the map to what he / she wants. However, this is not to be abused by rapid map changes.

I just hadn't seen it used by many admins in gg and felt it was wrong... but if its in TOS then I guess there isn't anything technically wrong with these actions.
    Last edited by Hodgie; 08-02-2008 at 04:38 PM.

2. Default

I believe that is abusing his powers. The point of being an admin is to regulate the map votes so that the players are happy, not for their own benefit. And if an admin does change a map to what he wants, chances are the server will lose its players which eventually lowers the reputation of the server.

3. Default

this admin sounds pretty arrogant, if he really did say that

4. Default

Perhaps I should update the rules and mandate that all maps must be decided by a majority vote.