Thread: Want some clarification

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default Want some clarification

I'm not trying to file a formal complaint as much as get clarification on something. Yesterday in the gun game an admin cancelled a map vote and made a new vote "will ... be the next map?" I understand doing this for shitty map votes where all the maps are bad but that wasn't the situation. He also made the vote at the beginning of the round when most people just hit 1 to get the vote off their screen. I thought it was odd since no one was asking for a new vote or this map the admin wanted... but I went with it. Once the map changed many players were complaining about it and rtved it. Xbox won but the admin didn't want to play so he cancelled the vote and made a couple single map votes of the "will ... be the next map" variety with maps he wanted to play. We thought thought that was wrong so he made a new random vote. Xbox won again for a second time and he cancelled the vote saying he didn't like xbox. Eventually making a vote without the option for xbox or other maps he didn't like.

Is this permissable or is it admin abuse? I just wanted clarification because I felt like he was saying "I'm an admin so we're not gonna play any maps I don't like... even if the majority of you voted for it... twice."

I'm pretty sure the events are in the correct order but you get the idea anyway.... Sorry for the long post.

2. Default

well, if hes the only admin on then he has "control" over the map selection. if theres more then one, the admin who connected to the session first has seniority. i dont think hes allowed to cancel an rtv. seems like too much manipulation.

3. Default

i was in the server when this happen as the 2nd admin, the map had sucked, the main admin who will remain nameless, alot of slaying for camping. i did a vote of does this map suck. for minutes later rtv goes and a map wins - we end up on a random map he picked.

4. Default

while whyt is absolutely correct about the rule, it seems like the admin was genuinely trying to make everyone happy even if he didn't want to play certain maps, which he does have the right to do. as a pub admin, the map selections can drastically determine the popularity of the pub at any given time. I.e. a coldwar vote will win and no one will show up for it. many times I will join and change the map immediately to gain thetraffic we need without a 6 person vote.
    regarding xbox, it loses a lot of traffic, I know this and I hardly play gg that much.
    whether im 1st admin or not though, I like to take verbal suggestions on the next map bc sometimes I just don't know what was played a few mapsago. trust me if coldwar is suggested my reply will be silence. that admin may feel that way about xbox, and he is totally ok.
    hope this help your understanding.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by deprodigy View Post
    while whyt is absolutely correct about the rule, it seems like the admin was genuinely trying to make everyone happy even if he didn't want to play certain maps, which he does have the right to do. as a pub admin, the map selections can drastically determine the popularity of the pub at any given time. I.e. a coldwar vote will win and no one will show up for it. many times I will join and change the map immediately to gain thetraffic we need without a 6 person vote.
    regarding xbox, it loses a lot of traffic, I know this and I hardly play gg that much.
    whether im 1st admin or not though, I like to take verbal suggestions on the next map bc sometimes I just don't know what was played a few mapsago. trust me if coldwar is suggested my reply will be silence. that admin may feel that way about xbox, and he is totally ok.
    hope this help your understanding.
    it was funny as the next map of his picking, he won very quickly, it was about his own rank i fell. not care of the server

on zombie or gg if im lead admin, i listen to people and will do a vote based off what they want, even if its not a map i like, cause in the end, we dont have a server to admin if we have no players.

6. Default

If its a map that no one wants i understand... What I'm asking is can an admin say "I don't like (map). We will not play there regardless of how many times you vote for it."

Also, I believe xbox is a popular gg map and many people enjoy playing.