Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Words to save a community and life

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Arrow Words to save a community and life

I have been working on how to phrase this post for some time and finally today have completed my thoughts on the matter.

Over the past few months the amount of disrespect on the servers ahs increased at an alarming rate. The manor in which the disrespect has been given ranges but the end result is the same, animosity.

One of the things that has made IBIS so great is the incredible community of users who play here. Some of these users even give their time, talents, and money to support our servers and keep everything up and running. Others support us by being dedicated regulars of IBIS Servers and even come onto the forums to give us suggestions on how to make things even better. Unfortunately the attitudes of some have perpetuated within the confides of the IBIS community resulting in ever growing hostility toward each other.

There are now situations where users are unable to express themselves in the forums without being the target of intense scrutiny. In other cases users are alienated on servers by admins or other regulars. These users get tked, slayed, slapped or verbally abused and are sometimes kicked if they attempt to defend themselves. No community can continue to stand with injustices such as these occurring. But because animosity such as this is such a vicious cycle it only grows stronger and deeper in the community with each evil pass.

Where did we go wrong? When did we forget that were just trying to play a game? A game is supposed to be something that entertains some one. It should be a source of joy and happiness not a source of despair and anguish. I ask all of you to look into your hearts and ask how you would feel in reversed roles. Do you really think that your attitudes and or actions are justified. What are their motive?

I will note that there are some people who do get enjoyment out of the suffering of others. I will also note that I believe that everyone loves IBIS. Are your actions for the glory of IBIS or for your own? Individuals can feel empowered when they put someone down, communities on the other hand feel death.

Be respectful of each other! You do not need to have love in your heart for everyone in the server but you do not need to hold distain in your hearts for them either. Remember we are all human and we all do wrong, do we not all deserve the same forgiveness? Despise and despair stem the fruits of destruction, for hatred causes others anguish and sows the seeds for such hatred to be consciously rekindled. One can only store so much hate in their heart; and once this hate crosses the threshold it will implode violently, like a dying star into a black hole, leaving nothing but infinite emptiness in its place. Only though forgiveness can this burden be lifted. Only though forgiveness can the cycle of evil be broken. Only though exposing your heart can you take anything out of it.

I pray that you will all heed these words, for they are not only a solution to saving this community but also an important part of life. Lets stop attacking each other and just worry about killing the other team

2. Default

although i have no direct "issues" in this matter, i do have an opinion. i think that dual and deprod and all of us can stop. i also don tthink that colby can just leave. i think, theres a middle ground that can be met. ive been reading the threads and have attemptd to say logical. although my own personal feeling side with dual, i can also ssee our faults.

there must be a "deal" set to try and heal the wounds.

i dont like colby, for the fact he abused for so long and blatantly. he had his admin removed, so there is that problem gone. currently, he acts a littl cocky on the IBIS forums by posting multiple threads for 1 issue. although legit in this action, its annoying. he might aswell post in this section and every other one also.

solution: colby post one thread for every incodent, and act more humble here. ibis admins treat him fairly as he currently hasnt commited a crime he hasnt paid for already.

3. Default

For reference I am not referring to any one single matter or situation. There are also many other instances that have occurred with users who are not on these forums who are affected by this.

4. Default

This goes hand in hand with my thread in the CS Discussion section, and I agree completely. We have all settled our debts and had our bad days. It's time to move on and enjoy the game.

Great thread Zero.

IBIS members and staff, keep the good work up!

5. Default

See.....isn t it the BEST FREAKING SERVER with the BEST FREAKING PEOPLE!!!!

Yeah it is.....

Love
    Peace

6. Default

@ Zero's quote I have an extremely high respect for you Zero, to be this dedicated to a gaming community, and write all that, for people ONLINE... It's just amazing. I think you do great at running this clan/ the servers!!! Even though I rarely play with you and jigsaw, I think you guys are doing a great job, the last server clan I stuck around with for a while, started to decline, and continued. I think that you two can keep IBIS from declining.

7. Default

great thread zero. i agree with everything you said and i hope others will too. we all really need to get along.

"if the futures been drawn out theres no point in living." sksk
    Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    within the ruins remins me of a somewhat harder bullet for my valentine

8. Default

I'd like to give props to Zero for running the site and attracting a good amount of dedicated players to his servers.

As far as conduct...

In generaly, there's some dicks and asses. Theres people that exploit and there's some that hack. Admins do a pretty good job of keeping them in check (on zm) and the regs contribute by addressing the individuals or notifing the admins. While there may be some intense arguing/debates/vendettas btwn the admins, the regs and all... overall the community is a fun place. Sadly, when the admins and the regs are offline the zm, pub and gg servers get pretty lame.

Concerning admins, I still feel that the good/core admins should get together and work out a standard punishment system and offenses that will guide them, but allow them to make judgement calls when they feel necessary. I feel that arguments btwn admins should only be seen by admins b/c the regs and random players shouldn't really see any cliques/groups of admins disagreeing with another. With Admin abuse, there may need to be a tier system for admins to help keep the shady ones limited in their privliges.... Then again the admin business is way over my head for me to make proper speculation about the current methods.

As far as racist remarks... they're just bad. I don't take offense and I'm sure others don't either b/c most people understand that this is the internet, but repeat offenses and singling out people will make it hard to shrug it off. While I haven't seen anything more then a comment or two, i'm sure it's more prevailent elsewhere.

I'll say again, overall the community is a fun one and i really enjoy it here.

9. Default

Lol I totally forgot about this thread, I wonder if I should sticky it somewhere.