Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Inconsistent Admins!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rage View Post
    But see, the question is what do you consider camping the roof? My definition is just waiting for the opposing team to come up the ladder. I got no problem with you being up there sniping people across the map, as long as you don't just sit aiming at the ladder. Its a high spot, use it to your advantage, plus you are pretty easily shot whilst up there.

The problem with camping your own church tower, is no one just stays up there for 30 seconds.... they are up there for 45 seconds to 2 minutes depending on how long the server runs... and the whole time they are at a complete advantage against other players who are trying to make their way across map on ground.
    Imma come at you like a spider monkey!

2. Default

The only real rule is no EXCESSIVE camping, not no camping and some admins need to pay more attention to that adjective. "going beyond the usual, necessary, or proper limit or degree;" My rule of wrist is if it isn't fucking with the game-play, do what you want. Which usually means on a map like churches do what you want outside the churches, but it's rare when you get people up in the rafters that they don't start delaying the round and making 18 people wait while they masturbate to their own supposed cleverness. Again though it's important to recognize that leniency for the sake of evenness is better than being strict because you decided you don't like people to camp their own roofs.

3. Default

going along with the inconsistent admin thing the whole camping thing is getting out of control i was on reality roof earlier went over my roof and killed 6 people and an (insert admin here) accused me of camping and threatened to freeze me in a knife fight

yes camping is not allowed but admins need to make sure they accuse the right people and make sure the persons doing it consistently because 90 percent of players dont move around 100 % of the time just because they stop moving doesnt mean they're camping

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by tj26 View Post
    going along with the inconsistent admin thing the whole camping thing is getting out of control i was on reality roof earlier went over my roof and killed 6 people and an (insert admin here) accused me of camping and threatened to freeze me in a knife fight

yes camping is not allowed but admins need to make sure they accuse the right people and make sure the persons doing it consistently because 90 percent of players dont move around 100 % of the time just because they stop moving doesnt mean they're camping
    yeah, on 007 abby, dennis doesn't quite get the difference between camping on the walltops, and simply going up there to kill people. i never camp up there. i'll get up there, and run around, take the shots i get, sometimes crouch and wait for a target, but never camp
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

5. Default

The way I see it is, if someone is "camping" during the game and it is NOT impeding the progress of the game, then I will generally leave it alone.

If you're the last person on a team and you're in one spot and making the rest of us wait, you're getting warned..and then slayed.

If it isn't going to hurt the gameplay any, why bother? Otherwise, you'd be spending all day watching people for camping.

If you were a beautiful sound in the echos all around, I'd be your harmony.

6. Default

eh, its a very blurred line. I've been called a camper in Battlefield 1942 and I constantly changed positions when sniping.

I basically "camped" an entire map including the enemy base when I stole their flag, owned the entire team escaping with my pistol, and scored.

I was also called a camper because I cleared the base with my sniper rifle at the entrance of the base where I was in plain sight, easily killed by anything, and could have just been ran over by the Humvee.

Would you call me a camper? I hope not since I didn't stay in one spot. But some people seem to think because I used a sniper rifle or RPG, I am.... (yes I camped with an RPG apparently lol)

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    yeah, on 007 abby, dennis doesn't quite get the difference between camping on the walltops, and simply going up there to kill people. i never camp up there. i'll get up there, and run around, take the shots i get, sometimes crouch and wait for a target, but never camp
    Aco I do get it, but when someone stays there for 3-4 different gun changes that's camping and I will slap them off with a warning. Do it consistently and I will start slaying then one can start losing levels because when that happens it's usually out of defiance.
    One cannot improve if they cannot see their mistakes!

If you can't do it right, Don't bother!

DeadEyeDeNNi$ <ibis.a>

8. Default

I think that the major issue is that the servers need a definitive set of rules and they need to be upheld fairly by the admins.

And what I mean by definitive rules, is that things like "camping" and other debated issues need to be defined by zero and a couple of the other reliable and decent admins.I don't see any reason to be wait until all of the servers have been fixed. The global server rules and the rules for the servers that are working can easily be set out.

It would also be good to set these rules out in the MOTD instead of a stretched IBIS splash image.

Anyways I don't think it should be that difficult to do that. And what is the point of having working servers if everything is in chaos about no set out rules?

There's my opinion. :P
    Yea, I'm Wojonatior in game, yea, I suck. Get used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wojonatior View Post
    I think that the major issue is that the servers need a definitive set of rules and they need to be upheld fairly by the admins.

And what I mean by definitive rules, is that things like "camping" and other debated issues need to be defined by zero and a couple of the other reliable and decent admins.I don't see any reason to be wait until all of the servers have been fixed. The global server rules and the rules for the servers that are working can easily be set out.

It would also be good to set these rules out in the MOTD instead of a stretched IBIS splash image.

Anyways I don't think it should be that difficult to do that. And what is the point of having working servers if everything is in chaos about no set out rules?

There's my opinion. :P
    well said new guy =D

10. Default

That shouldn't be necessary, if you have an IQ over 85 and some moderate ability to control yourself. The problem is 45% of the admins don't meet both those requirements, and another 45% don't meet either.
    Last edited by Rawr; 07-13-2010 at 12:46 PM.