Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: unable to connect ibis

1. Default

wish it was the old ways before Steam... when you found a private way to connect like through serverinfo ... that was the best connection.. then steam came out... and steam sucked from the start.... and still sucks... these engineers sit around trying to find ways to fix something that is not broke just to keep a job.... and the head mucky mucks say "yes" that is a great idea... we will keep you around for 4 more weeks to make this happen... and when it fucks up.. they stay on longer to act like they need time to "fix it" when all along they knew what they fucked up.
    too bad these "brains" dont work for my credit card company...

2. Default

OK this is the deal... Servers need the update or zero has then set to automatically update, and all it needs is a simple restart to have the updates to take effect.
    Since zero is still on vacation hopefully the 6AM Eastern reboots will fix it. If not zero will have to manually update them real quick. I had to update my little server manually to get it to work. either way it shouldn't be a big problem. It will be fixed after 6am or when Zero checks them out tomorrow after her recovers from his hang-over for drinking

3. Default

Unfortunately the valve update program crashes when it runs...

4. Default

i want them to update it so you can change your name in-game again
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

5. Default

All servers UP!

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Unfortunately the valve update program crashes when it runs...
    Im not sure how you have your servers set up and running, but I got my home server updated it doesn't seem to want to work automatically but i have a shortcut called "Install Updates" and had to manually change the file paths since i think the Updater still tries to still update the old Cstrike folder instead of the now orange box one. It updated like it supposed to once i changed the file path on my shortcut.

7. Default

No i used the same installer bat files I always do. Although my local copy crashed when running it the servers updated fine...

For the pub I had to delete the installer record file and then it worked. This update seemed to have a buggy roll out.

as for old folder issues. All of the ibis servers were recreated from scratch on fresh install post update so that I would not need to worry about having any old file structure around or wasting HDD space with useless folders and files.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    No i used the same installer bat files I always do. Although my local copy crashed when running it the servers updated fine...

For the pub I had to delete the installer record file and then it worked. This update seemed to have a buggy roll out.

as for old folder issues. All of the ibis servers were recreated from scratch on fresh install post update so that I would not need to worry about having any old file structure around or wasting HDD space with useless folders and files.
    K I really should do the same on mine then, I only use it as a test server for maps and things and lately its been used for some Regs to gather why we wait for ibis to be fixed on the nights like last night