Thread: Nvidia driver problem

1. Default Nvidia driver problem

Today I updated my nvidia drivers so I could see if if gta 4 ran any better. Then when I came to play css, these 2 giant black rectangular boxes are on the left and right side.

specs are

Windows 7 64-bit

Intel core i3 cpu m 330 @ 2.13ghz

4.0gb of ram

nvidia geforce 310m

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mastercheff View Post
    Today I updated my nvidia drivers so I could see if if gta 4 ran any better. Then when I came to play css, these 2 giant black rectangular boxes are on the left and right side.

specs are

Windows 7 64-bit

Intel core i3 cpu m 330 @ 2.13ghz

4.0gb of ram

nvidia geforce 310m
    try options, video settings. sounds like your resolution's not set correctly anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

3. Default

your not going to get GTA4 running better buy updating your GPU drivers. It was a poor port, basicly they just took the 360 code and put it on the PC... meaning it has been optimized for a 3 core system (like Phenom II x3)

You do have a decent dual core, so it should run at a good 25 fps with some dips

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    try options, video settings. sounds like your resolution's not set correctly anymore
    I've tried fiddling with some of the resolutions, hasn't helped yet.

5. Default

what driver numbers? in addition the 310m should not be able to handle that game... I mean my gpu on the m11x is better than that although my cpu is a bit slower and I can tell you that game would probably not work decent at 720 and I am sure as hell not using anything besides native resolution.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    what driver numbers? in addition the 310m should not be able to handle that game... I mean my gpu on the m11x is better than that although my cpu is a bit slower and I can tell you that game would probably not work decent at 720 and I am sure as hell not using anything besides native resolution.
    Lets see the descreat 310 is a 210 is about a ~ 9600 gso ~ 8800GS, so is the Mobile version that bad? I would assume it could play most games at the resolution a laptop is at, not on high but at decent levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

7. Default

I would credit the problems to 64-bit win 7. I have had shittons of problems with games and 64-bit.
    It got to the point where I reinstalled win 7 in 32-bit.
    Last edited by Wojonatior; 07-13-2010 at 08:50 PM.
    Yea, I'm Wojonatior in game, yea, I suck. Get used to it.