Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: "Famous/Meaningful Quotes"

1. Default "Famous/Meaningful Quotes"

Ok Ive heard someone tried this before but it didn't take off, but I'm willing to try it again.

Rules
    First: You post three to five "quotes" that you find and like or remember.
    Second: Not all quotes meanings are clear. They may have a different message to poeple, so you may reiterate what you think the quote means to you.
    Third: Try not to bash other peoples quotes.

1. "When life gives you a hundred reason to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile." -unknown-
    Answer: Should be easy "There's always a reason to be happy even if you have so many to be sad"

2. "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -Dr Seuss-
    Answer: Don't listen to what general people think and cater to them? You real friends matter and they will like you for who you really are.

3. "When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one that has opened for us." -Alexander Graham Bell-
    Answer: We dwell so much on past things when we should be moving on.

4. "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." -unknown-
    Answer: You can judge a real person by how they treats someone without expecting anything in return

** This one is for you, Dennis**
    5. "You don't stop playing because you grow old; you grow old beacause you stop playing" -unknown-
    Answer: Self explanatory
    Last edited by mag36; 07-09-2010 at 11:17 AM.

2. Default

1 . "Love is not what makes the world go around. Love is what makes the trip worthwhile" - Mine

2. "You must not talk ugly about our lack of intelligence. We are proud of it" -Donald Duck

3. "There is only one success--to be able to spend your life in your own way" - Christopher Morley

4. "He who has gold makes and accomplishes whatever he wishes in the world and finally uses it to send souls to paradise" - Christopher Columbus

5. "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years" - Abraham Lincoln
    Quote Originally Posted by Starfish :3 View Post
    well if you'd be having a pool party with the other clan member and admins, and the rest of the community would be invited, people would start leaving soon, because they don't like being called niggers, or whores, or assholes, or even being banned from the pool cuz they swim faster, by people in charge that can't stand it if someone else wins.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Why do we not start with solarsoul's response and then follow it up with a flame war so it fits the trend of the other threads lol.

3. Default

1. Life is just a big pufferfish, you just need to learn how to be standing outside the glass laughing in at its pathetic attempts to scare you - me

it means its not as big a deal as it seems and in the light of everything its pretty small and you shouldnt be affraid to just be yourself and embrace the positives and the negatives of it, its called being human and I was the one who came up with it

2. If you want to see what kind of a person a man is, Give him some power.
    giving a person power will show you who and what they truly are through the changes in causes in there attitude and there actions with it, after all heinrich himmler was just a simple peaceful pig farmer before the war.

I can think of anything else mag sorry.
    Last edited by Kavinsky; 07-09-2010 at 04:51 AM.

1. "Why worry when life's on your side" -Myself-
    this gets me threw alot of tasks and goals that seem near to impossible to achieve

2. "Fairness is never equal and equality is never fair" -myself-
    In modern day society, its true.

3. "Knowledge comes with the price of time" -unknown-
    being on the consent pursuit of knowledge i realize that it will only come through experience, time.

4. "there is only one thief in the military, everyone else is just trying to get there shit back" -military-
    most of you wouldnt understand haha
    Last edited by DJ_MikeyRevile; 07-09-2010 at 05:08 AM.

5. Default

"All love that has not friendship for its base, is like a mansion built upon sand."
    -- Ella Wheeler Wilcox

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    -- Albert Einstein

"It is in the character of very few men to honor without envy a friend who has prospered."
    -- Aeschylus

"Was she so loved because her eyes were so beautiful, or were her eyes so beautiful because she was so loved?"
    -- Anzia Yenerska

If you were a beautiful sound in the echos all around, I'd be your harmony.

"it's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum. and i'm all out of gum." - the duke

"are you a mexiCAN or a mexiCANT?" - sheldon jeffrey sands

7. Default

mine are more dialogues than anything else.

Book: I've been out of the abbey two days, I've beaten a lawman senseless, I've fallen in with criminals. I watched the captain shoot the man I swore to protect. And I'm not even sure if I think he was wrong. I believe... I just... I think I'm on the wrong ship.
    Inara: Maybe. Or maybe you're exactly where you ought to be.
    sometimes, the life you expect, is not the one you're meant for

Simon: I'm trying to put this as delicately as I can...how do I know you won't kill me in my sleep?
    Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.
    Simon: Are you always this sentimental?
    Mal: I had a good day.
    Simon: You had the Alliance on you, criminals and savages... half the people on the ship have been shot or wounded including yourself, and you're harboring known fugitives.
    Mal: We're still flying.
    Simon: That's not much.
    Mal: It's enough.
    first part: keep your honnor, it's all you have. second part, take what you can get at the end of the day. nothing else really matters.

Inara: You're always breaking the rules, no matter which society you're in! You don't get along with ordinary criminals either, which is why you're constantly getting in trouble!
    Mal: You think following the rules will buy you a nice life, even if the rules make you a slave.
    this one's obvious
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

8. Default

Quotes I live by:

"You can't fix stupid" - Ron White

"Its always funny when its not you" - Myself

And a Sherrif said this to me once when he pulled me over for speeding:

"And what does that have to do with the price of eggs?"

That statement right there literally left me speechless for 5 minutes. He felt so bad for confusing the shit out of me, he let me off rly easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    thx for all the opinions and advice ppl... aside from rage lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZERO
    Think of the reserved slot as a vip ticket to the club. You get to go past the line and kick someone out of the club so you can get in. However if on your way to the club some fat ass gets stuck in the door when the bouncer goes to check him then you got to wait for the fire department to cut his fat ass out of the door before you can get in.

"For the history of our race, and each individual's experience, are sewn thick with evidences that a truth is not hard to kill, and that a lie well told is immortal." - Mark Twain

"Nobody is taller than the last man standing" - John J Corage

"A person who won't read has no advantage over one who can't read." - Mark Twain

"Don't let schooling interfere with your education. " - Mark Twain

“Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know.” - Hemingway

10. Default

1. The pen is mightier than the sword.-Edward Bulwer-Lytton

2.He who lives by the sword, dies by the sword.-Jesus Christ

3. The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor.

It's not whether you get knocked down, it's whether you get up.

The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will.

Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.-vince lombardi
    "BLINK-BLINK-BLINK-BLINK-BLINK"