Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: SB 2.1 Update Thread

1. Default

480 and a free copy of just cause comes in tomorrow!

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Personally I would have liked to get my hands on a 485 or a 490 but I do not have the time to wait with a fried card.
    Why not nab one of the new 460's? They're pared down, so they have less of the tesla gpu/cpu features, but run cooler and on less power, for a competitive price.
    Kiro : us fireyes got dumb by his girl that y he is suck

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Fireye View Post
    Why not nab one of the new 460's? They're pared down, so they have less of the tesla gpu/cpu features, but run cooler and on less power, for a competitive price.
    Less of the features? no it actually has more features like being able to bitstream on the HDMI.

and not really pared down either, the gf104 is a revised gf100 http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...ermi,2684.html

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

4. Default

You do realize that the 480 OCs 30% on water and is already way faster than the 460... or have you not read that the 470 is also faster. The only real deal of the 460 is vs the 465 as the 460 OCs better and actually has better overall performance. However it is important to note that stock they end up about the same performance.

You guys are trying to get me excited about the 350z when I just ordered a GTR it does not make a lot of seance lol (that was reference to cars for those who did not know). Heat is the only real problem the 480 has and I got a dedicated quad 120mm rad that says OC heaven on it.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by StarsMine View Post
    Less of the features? no it actually has more features like being able to bitstream on the HDMI.

and not really pared down either, the gf104 is a revised gf100 http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...ermi,2684.html
    , so they have less of the tesla gpu/cpu features,
    They took out a number of features/capabilities that were aimed at GPU computing.

Zero; hadn't really kept up to date on the tesla line, just read the review of the 460 at anandtech. Seems like a good step in the right direction, hopefully one they'll take for their higher-end models as well. A cooler running, more efficient 480 would kick ass, but if you're building a box with heavy watercooling and a nice PSU, then I could see the appeal.
    Kiro : us fireyes got dumb by his girl that y he is suck

6. Default

You do realize that the 480 OCs 30% on water and is already way faster than the 460... or have you not read that the 470 is also faster. The only real deal of the 460 is vs the 465 as the 460 OCs better and actually has better overall performance. However it is important to note that stock they end up about the same performance.

You guys are trying to get me excited about the 350z when I just ordered a GTR it does not make a lot of seance lol (that was reference to cars for those who did not know). Heat is the only real problem the 480 has and I got a dedicated quad 120mm rad that says OC heaven on it.
    Dont foreget the SLI potential of the 460 440$ (1gig models) for something about as powerful as a 5970

I know though why you got the 480 though, the 460 cant do that crazy as 30 inch resolution you use, unless its in sli.

Fireeye, I dont think they are going to re release the 480 with the gf104 or latter revision there of and still call it a 480, otherwise you would have huge fluctuation in performence card to card as half would be running gf100 and the other half running gf104. they might release something like a 475 and a 485 with the gf104 though, but that is just pure speculation. however, this gf104 or latter revision would be the only way to make a dual Fermi card as a dual gf100 is just a bad idea.

GPU computing? not in the Geforce line up, that would be in there fermi tesla lineup.
    Last edited by StarsMine; 07-13-2010 at 02:53 PM.

7. Default

And what stops my 480 sli....

As for gpu computing I did quite a lot on my 280 although it can not be determined if that had anything to do with its death...

8. Default

And what stops my 480 sli....

As for gpu computing I did quite a lot on my 280 although it can not be determined if that had anything to do with its death...
    nothing, just price an heat and powerconsuption
    Last edited by StarsMine; 07-13-2010 at 04:17 PM.

9. Default

I got the 480 in my computer now! I am going to and am running it at 100% fan speed for the next few weeks until I get some wc on it. This keeps the temps under <50c when it is not working.

10. Default

I got the 480 in my computer now! I am going to and am running it at 100% fan speed for the next few weeks until I get some wc on it. This keeps the temps under <50c when it is not working.
    yikes, dont bust a bearing. Hope you enjoy this bad boy at 30 inch resolution its almost on par with the 5970 (with AA)