So now that I am back in town it is time to get ready for my computer upgrade so that I can continue to maintain the server and pwn you noobs

So far it includes a few required upgrades/replacements such as:

• replace fried 280 with 480
  • replace 2 dead 120mm fans
  • add additional 120mm fan
  • add fan exhaust sound dampeners
  • construct custom 24 pin tower link connector
    • enables tower merger to be sped up making moving the computer faster and easier!
  • fan grills and other such things that were intended in version1 but never implemented
  • more HDD space
    • the means to address this issue are still being looked at
  • possibly a new mouse so I can pwn you all easier

I am looking at a $1000-$2000 upgrade this is both great for performance and terrible for my wallet

My largest problem is HDD space currently I have maxed a 1tb drive, a 2tb drive, a 300gb raid 0 and almost a 60gb os drive...

I wanted to just buy a 3tb drive to hold me out until the 4tb internals come out next summer but I can not find one anywhere. Currently I will max out all of my HDDs by the end of the week so I got to do something fast even if it is just to order another 2tb

The biggest problem is that for some data it can not be spread across multiple drives for filing reasons and the folder is going to max a 2tb drive soon worst of all I am playing Russian Roulette with this much data and not having any raid backups. It may be worth taking the bullet and spending the money on a 6TB raid 5 array and then migrating to 4tb drives in 2 years. I am really stumped on this

Please post comments/suggestions below. I will also use this thread as sort of a work long to not only keep my plans in order but also to allow comments. Sometimes it helps to have some extra eyes on a big project like this.