Thread: Tech Help

Default Tech Help

so some of you kn ow about the current house hold incident that took place at my house the last week

long story short, a new roomate was tweaked out on meth thought everyone wanted to kill him and now is in treatment

well like any meth head he had a computer all torn apart with THIS graphics card

is it any good, can i install it in any way to my laptop?

here is the graphics card specs

Product Description
    Item #: T16863. The Diamond Radeon HD 2400 is a feature-rich upgrade from integrated graphics for an immersive experience with DirectX 9 gaming and HD video. Connect to big-screen TVs to enjoy Blu-ray and HD DVD movies. Product Description: Diamond Stealth ATI Radeon HD 2400 - graphics adapter - Radeon HD 2400PRO - 256 MB
    Device Type: Graphics adapter
    Enclosure Type: Plug-in card
    Interface Type: PCI
    Dimensions (WxDxH): 0.6 in x 6 in x 4.5 in
    Weight: 1.1 lbs
    Graphics Processor / Vendor: ATI Radeon HD 2400PRO
    Core Clock Speed: 525 MHz
    RAMDAC Clock Speed: 400 MHz
    API Supported: DirectX 9.0, OpenGL 2.0
    Video Memory Installed ( Max ): 256 MB - GDDR2 SDRAM
    Video Output: 2560 x 1600
    Max Resolution Details: DVI: 2560 x 1600 / VGA: 1600 x 1200
    Video Compression Standards: MPEG-2, MPEG-1, MPEG-4, H.264
    Max Monitors Supported: 2
    TV Interface: HDTV out
    Compliant Standards: CE, UL, FCC
    System Requirements: Linux, Microsoft Windows XP, Microsoft Windows XP 64-bit Edition
    Manufacturer Warranty: 1 year warranty
    Customers also search for: Technology\Computer Components\Sound and Video Cards\Video Cards Discount Diamond Stealth ATI Radeon HD 2400 - Graphics Adapter - Radeon HD 2400PRO - 256 MB, Buy Diamond Stealth ATI Radeon HD 2400 - Graphics Adapter - Radeon HD 2400PRO - 256 MB, Wholesale Diamond Stealth ATI Radeon HD 2400 - Graphics Adapter - Radeon HD 2400PRO - 256 MB, 0757448006346, 2400PCI256SB, Graphics Adapters

2. Default

like i said in the GG server, you cant. But you could sell it along with like everything else thats there to a local computer shop. Normally you can score better cash selling the parts to the shop than craigslist of ebay.

Also, care to list the other parts? and maybe give pics if you have no clue so maybe we can estimate what you should be able to sell each part for.

3. Default

The only things you can always upgrade in a laptop is the HDD and ram.

I am going to start building my Desktop back up so i will be able to use the parts.

there was like 5 ddr2 ram sticks each like 512mb

1 kingston 1g ddr3

and some small thing that looks like a ram stick but smaller then a desktops ram stick
    all it says is korea, made in japan all over it with dram

5. Default

laptop hardware are a lot smaller than the actual pc. if theyre not, your only problem is that they stop making laptop that has upgradable gcard and hdd around 2003-04. most brands now a days has only the hdd upgradeable, you can still upgrade the gcard but you gnna have to break the whole case which is a pain in the ass..