Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: And with a heavy heart...

1. Default And with a heavy heart...

Hey friends, fellow members and yes, even those who don't like me...

I was given some very upsetting news about three weeks ago...

As most of you may know, I play with one hand... Many asked me how i did this... Well when the Cancer took my right hand the first time... Surgeons were not able to save my fingers, but my hand was still useable... However, my Cancer has returned, after almost eight years of remission... It is the same Cancer (Synovial Sarcoma, a bone Cancer), and it has returned so rapidly that for the last three weeks I have been inundated with Doctor visits, X-Rays, MRI, PET Scans and pokes, prods, and other intrusive testing... Because of the rapid return of this Cancer, the doctors are attempting to stop the Cancer in it's entirety, and this will entail the loss of my hand, to about the elbow...

Needless to say, it is with a heavy heart, that I will have to retire for an undisclosed amount of time, until modifications can be made to compete with the likes of you all... I truely enjoyed being a part of ibis Gaming, and hope that regardless of my ability of playing, that you will all still allow me to be a part of the ibis Gaming family...

I will check in from time to time... to keep those interested, in the progress of this life changing event... Again thank you EVERYONE, and any ideas for future modifications will be greatly appreciated...

Peace

Peace, love and empty bullets ~ChronicRogue

Check me out now on Face Book. Join my Mafia Wars, Clan with me in Vampire Wars or stop down to my farm on Farmville.

GOT XBOX LIVE? Add ChronicVT

"The hardest part to any problem is the easy part to any solution" ~ My fifth grade Mathematics Teacher
    (or at least I believe that is what she said... I was too busy thinking of all the naughty things I would do to her 22 year old... ooops is this mic still on...) CLICK!

2. Default

Get well. Your life is far more valuable then a game or half the people who play on here. My mom is going to have a biopsy Friday so I am very stressed and fearful about that as well. Nothing worse than hearing that 6 letter word. Take care Chronic.

มวยไทย
    Got a blister? Ibuprofen. Can't feel from your waist down? Ibuprofen. Got a spider bite? Ibuprofen. - SPC S-Rod & Me

3. Default

Very sorrry to hear this. Take care and keep strong, man.

If you were a beautiful sound in the echos all around, I'd be your harmony.

4. Default

get well mate.

en tarro adun.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

5. Default

on behalf of the whole ibis community we hope you the best and luck on your fight against cancer. cancer may have taken a part of your arm but it shouldnt be the end of your journey in life, strong heart and faith up above shall lead you to victory..good luck bro.!

6. Default

Sorry to hear Chronic.

Stay strong and it was fun playing with you. Keep well brother and pop in from time to time and let us know how you are doing.
    http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/508/hitmanf.png

Sorry to hear that. Don't be a stranger, stop by often.
    I fucking love music
    Rip Paul Gray

-----------------------
    Server rules
    TOS
    How to report admin abuse
    How to find hackers

Hope it goes well. Take care and be safe. Whether you think you can compete or not, you always got a place here regardless.

9. Default

Well thay have set a date to remove my upper arm... I signed my arm's death warrent today and the "execution" will be July 26th, 2010... They would not let me video (something to do with sterlilization or something) but my surgeon has agreed to take photo's through out the surgery... it was explained that it would help with my "seperation anxiety" to visaully see the removal of such a significant part of my body... it is one thing to have limited, or even no use but an extremity still remaining... than to suddenly have none... I am told I will have to go through the hardest change in my life style, with no idea how long it could last... I am still not looking forward to this... the doctors tell me that they would be more worried if I was celebrating this event, than the way I actually feel... I wish this on no person, friend or foe... and unless you have or will (and I pray you don't), you can not understand what this is like, even if I could explain it myself...

I will try to stop by, as soon as I am able... I will be on a couple mor times between now and the 26th (to get in as much time as I possible can)... Though the server would not let me change my name... I should be under the name Chronic (if I can't change it...) And thank you everyone...

Peace, love and empty bullets ~ChronicRogue

Check me out now on Face Book. Join my Mafia Wars, Clan with me in Vampire Wars or stop down to my farm on Farmville.

GOT XBOX LIVE? Add ChronicVT

"The hardest part to any problem is the easy part to any solution" ~ My fifth grade Mathematics Teacher
    (or at least I believe that is what she said... I was too busy thinking of all the naughty things I would do to her 22 year old... ooops is this mic still on...) CLICK!

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ChronicVT View Post
    Well thay have set a date to remove my upper arm... I signed my arm's death warrent today and the "execution" will be July 26th, 2010... They would not let me video (something to do with sterlilization or something) but my surgeon has agreed to take photo's through out the surgery... it was explained that it would help with my "seperation anxiety" to visaully see the removal of such a significant part of my body... it is one thing to have limited, or even no use but an extremity still remaining... than to suddenly have none... I am told I will have to go through the hardest change in my life style, with no idea how long it could last... I am still not looking forward to this... the doctors tell me that they would be more worried if I was celebrating this event, than the way I actually feel... I wish this on no person, friend or foe... and unless you have or will (and I pray you don't), you can not understand what this is like, even if I could explain it myself...

I will try to stop by, as soon as I am able... I will be on a couple mor times between now and the 26th (to get in as much time as I possible can)... Though the server would not let me change my name... I should be under the name Chronic (if I can't change it...) And thank you everyone...
    I can't imagine what it must be like to know that you are inevitably losing something you've been used to having all your life. I don't know much about this sort of thing but I do know that Phantom pains are a serious issue that often follow limb removal, and hopefully they will be able to prepare you well enough to cope.

Again, I wish you the best of luck and I hope you keep strong through this hardship.

If you were a beautiful sound in the echos all around, I'd be your harmony.