Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: idiot admins makeing up rules.

I don't think there is a limit by rule because the amount of people in a spot can work its.advantages to both favors of either the humans or Zombies. Having alot can mean great resistance or too many means less room for you and more room for error.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by slipstream View Post
    What is the limit to the number of people in a 1 entrance crouch spot, 2 entrance crouch spot?
    2 per entrance. read the rules topic

Quote Originally Posted by Sinsanity View Post
    I don't think there is a limit by rule because the amount of people in a spot can work its.advantages to both favors of either the humans or Zombies. Having alot can mean great resistance or too many means less room for you and more room for error.
    2 per entrance. read the rules topic. you're an admin, you should know that topic by heart ffs. i understand you're new. well until you know what the established rules are, you shouldn't be saying things in rule topics. if you don't agree withone of the rules, post a suggestion to change it. but as of now, it's 2 per entrance
    Last edited by acolyte_to_jippity; 08-22-2011 at 08:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

Well you are right I should know this being an admin, im still pretty much in training so you are going to have be patient with me. I do read the rules but I wont remember every single detail done to the bone right away. In time ill be there but.thank you for the correction.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Sinsanity View Post
    Well you are right I should know this being an admin, im still pretty much in training so you are going to have be patient with me. I do read the rules but I wont remember every single detail done to the bone right away. In time ill be there but.thank you for the correction.
    dude, i understand. everyone starts out like you (sadly). not many new admins are regulars who already know the rules. but oh well. it's just like if a person posts an intro topic, their first post afterwards is in someone else's intro topic saying "hey, welcome to ibis! enjoy your stay here!!" they're new. not the welcoming wagon.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

Thanks for the understanding im trying not to give new administration a bad name. It seems there are plenty enough out there who do it already. Ill do my best

6. Default

[QUOTE=slipstream;112826]What is the limit to the number of people in a 1 entrance crouch spot, 2 entrance crouch spot?QUOTE]

As Aco said it is 2 per entrance. The issue with the stage is odd. There is a second entrance that is caded with a moneycrate. To me that wouyld be considered closed. So then there is only 1 entrance. The reall issue is that there are 2 people who are well within the rules by being in there. So who do you force to get out.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Logically I reserve the right to step in at any time and make a final judgement. Any judgement made by me can only be reversed by me.

7. Default

Yeah I was sorta thinking in the same lines as Rosie.....the "two people" per crouch entrance would be hard to enforce wouldn't it? I mean, you can say "first come first serve," but how could you know who the first two were when there's six of them? No one's going to pipe up "I wasn't in here first." And you can't slay/kick/freeze/punish to any of those players. Even if you could get the first two people into the crouch area to block out all other players, there is always the problem of a player patiently sitting in front of the blocker until he/she moves, which will either end up with >2 players in the area or the murder of all humans in that area, to the frustration of all players. And it's difficult to block on maps like Snoopie, since there are two WIDE entrances that makes blocking hard....this rule seems like a real hassle to deal with, but it's a good one. Truth to be told, I sneak into the Snoopie area often even when there were over 4 players. But I will say that I contribute nothing to defense, I just duck around in the back until an opportunity arises when I can replace a defense slot

Has this rule always been for all crouch spots? When I first joined the server, the admins only enforced 2 per tube because any more would kill the humans......

On highschool, the stage is actually an easy spot to infect humans, propped with those easily moved boxes or not. It's just too big inside, so a bunch of fast zombies could get in and it's all over. That is with 1-2 people, even 3 people it would be fairly easy. I find that 1 person in a tube is more than enough, having 2 people, providing neither are complete morons, is too much, usually are quite a few newbs on though.

If there are too many people in a spot, and everyone claims to be there first, or no one speaks up at all, just teleport them all to the spawn point. No need to freeze, kick or slay. Give them a fighting chance.

9. Default

Oh and there's always a problem with players who will stack a crouch area on purpose and hope that the zombification of players near them will put them into legal status of the area. But what if they don't get zombies in their area? No one's going to get up and leave their spot. And even if they get some zombies, the zombie usually gets suppressed and no natural selection of humans occurs within the area and they still end up with a stacked number (This post is in mind to the stage at zm_tx_highschool, behind the computer on zm_miniatureroom, and the U-shaped crouched spot on zm_snoopie_711_final, various locations on zm_roytheship, the long vent on zm_lego, a location on zm_penumbraextended, two locations on zm_holdoutmountain_fixed.... Oh, and thinking back, the platforms above the water on zm_pulsetempleofdoom also qualifies as a crouch spot......)

Lolololol Zombie Mod's a mess

10. Default

exact reason I don't like the rule... there's no way 2 know for sure who was actually in a tube vent first... all the rule will accomplish is pissing admins off constantly and giving them more work and shit 2 deal with... the idea is good as it would make things more balanced and fair... but the issue of actually enforcing and dealing with it would be a nightmare and imo seems 2 out weight the benefit of the rule it's self.

rezel said there's only a couple maps the rule only really needs 2 be for... so it would make sense 2 have the rule if anything limited 2 those maps... if we make a generic rule 2 per entrance 4 per 2 entrance... well... damn near every cade map is going 2 just be a bitch fest...

Maynard - The WCS Guy