Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Admin respect

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    or we could change the TOS, and have it state that the first several months are like a probation period, and then enforce stricter punishments on those who buy admin and start abusing and being a problem right away.
    I agree Maynard, but that would only be a start. I've been hearing about a new structured admin system now for several months and not to be pushy about it but now is the time that we need this to happen with all the conflicts we have to get back on track and clean house!
    One cannot improve if they cannot see their mistakes!

If you can't do it right, Don't bother!

DeadEyeDeNNi$ <ibis.a>

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by boomer0901 View Post
    Admins should also respect over ppl's game play as long as they are not breaking rules, and not this "you know who I am" crap, all I hear is I'm an admin I can disrespect anyone because I'm an admin and If I harass you, you can't harass me back, otherwise I'll ban you for disrespecting an admin. And it's not just the new admins there are a few older ones that abuse this power as well.
    I'd like to +1 this as well, because I've seen it and heard about it happening, and it really shouldn't happen. If you're going to dish out crap to other players for no reason, expect to receive it back, don't turn into a vagina (no offense to the ladies) and cry about admin disrespect.

I know regular players can come to the forums and complain and blah blah blah it doesn't matter because it shouldn't happen in the first place.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tickle Me Emo View Post
    I'd like to +1 this as well, because I've seen it and heard about it happening, and it really shouldn't happen. If you're going to dish out crap to other players for no reason, expect to receive it back, don't turn into a vagina (no offense to the ladies) and cry about admin disrespect.

I know regular players can come to the forums and complain and blah blah blah it doesn't matter because it shouldn't happen in the first place.
    The thing is regulars need to know the difference between a light-hearted jab and a full out attack on another person.

Insulting an admin for being annoying is not the way to go about things, and I have seen it happen many times.

4. Default who's this guy?

Well i'm thinking its about time i hop into the forums. I purchased admin originally because an admin was being a douche to me while playing. I'm a father of 5 kids so my tolerance level for some of the BS is pretty low. I would have to agree with screening even tho it would have put me out of the running for admin. I dont spend a massive amount of time playing but this server is where i want to be when i log in. People are skilled and mostly enjoyable to play with. That being said we have more than a few amazingly immature admins running around who are absolute assholes. Old and new, some of these guys need to get a grip on themselves or we will lose quality players. Hopefully in my short time here i've earned the respect of some players and admins alike.

5. Default

there will always be annoying people.... even if we did have admin screening, problems would still occur. if people are harsh out of line and abusing there admin privs, just demo it, and post it. you don't even have 2 go public, you can just strait up PM zero if you'd like.

we also have a new admin structure system coming out down the road, which should also keep idiots in check.

Maynard - The WCS Guy