Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Sniping is NOT CAMPING

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by vas0line View Post
    That's the debate here. That's exactly what I want clarification on.

OK here's a situation I've experienced on more than one occasion:
    -I headshot the fuck out of someone, get upgraded to scout.
    -I run to the corner of one of the spawn points in gg_deagle or whatever.
    -I get a kill, upgrade, run back into the map to go kill someone else.
    -An admin starts whining that I'm a horrible camper.
    -I point out that I had a sniper rifle.
    -The admin says "It doesn't matter do it again and I'll kick you."

So what is it? Is it against the rules to sit in one place with a sniper rifle, or is it against the rules? Do the admins even know the rules?
    I think in that situation, keep your mouth quiet and go on as normal, maybe starting a demo as backup. You told the admin you weren't camping, if he or she chooses to take action against you that you feel is unfair, post in admin abuse with the requisite info.

Getting in to a shouting match with an admin will end poorly for the non-admin.
    Kiro : us fireyes got dumb by his girl that y he is suck

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Fireye View Post
    I think in that situation, keep your mouth quiet and go on as normal, maybe starting a demo as backup. You told the admin you weren't camping, if he or she chooses to take action against you that you feel is unfair, post in admin abuse with the requisite info.

Getting in to a shouting match with an admin will end poorly for the non-admin.
    Typically, I just say that I was using a sniper rifle. (I don't ever shout because it's really annoying and makes it hard for other players to hear what's going on.) Then the admins say it's still camping. Then I say show me where it says I can't use a sniper rifle as it's intended. Then they say nothing after that.

I mean, it really doesn't matter in the long run because it's only like 4 times out of 26, but it's still really annoying... Which is why I prefer disabling voice chat. But yeah, if I get kicked or slapped or something for sniping, I'll be sure to take a screenshot or whatever and post it.

Shit, I should buy fuckin' admin.

Quote Originally Posted by vas0line View Post
    Typically, I just say that I was using a sniper rifle. (I don't ever shout because it's really annoying and makes it hard for other players to hear what's going on.) Then the admins say it's still camping. Then I say show me where it says I can't use a sniper rifle as it's intended. Then they say nothing after that.

I mean, it really doesn't matter in the long run because it's only like 4 times out of 26, but it's still really annoying... Which is why I prefer disabling voice chat. But yeah, if I get kicked or slapped or something for sniping, I'll be sure to take a screenshot or whatever and post it.

Shit, I should buy fuckin' admin.
    no, worst possible reason to buy admin ever. just follow the rules, and if someone admin abuses you just post an abuse thread, not like it ever works though :/

4. Default

if you cant get a kill with the sniper rifles, thats not my problem. if you camp excessivly, i will ban you. admin or not... that is all.

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm ~ George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Step 1: Get Admin
    Step 2:
    Step 3: Get Perma Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmail242 View Post
    ... IBIS in the name right? ibis.a means admin while IBIS means Shut the fuck up and sit the fuck down.
    Quote Originally Posted by SCRIBBLE View Post
    It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived. — General George S. Patton

5. Default

Agreed with your post, Vasoline. If I get on scout or awp, it's not smart to go balls out and run into a mob of people and hope for a no-scope shot. Nobody in any server ever does this successfully repeatedly. Those guns are SNIPER guns, and snipers pick out their spot and "camp" out there to make their kill. They are not meant to run with you all over the fucking map. I hate people bitching at me because I'm on a sniper gun (auto-snipers are a different story, IMO) and I'm standing in a hidden spot hoping to get a kill.

Now is that to say that someone with, say, an mp5 shouldn't be hiding under the ramp waiting for n00bs to run by for easy picking? That's where the time of the match comes into effect. If that person, as zero states, is making the game take longer than necessary because he's not moving around making an attemp to finish the round, then by all means bitch at him for camping. If it's the first 30 seconds of the match and majority of the teams are still alive, I don't think ANYONE should bitch about camping.

On a side note, this is the only thing I hate about these servers. I don't like going to the gungame server and get bitched at for using the map and the guns to my personal benefit. If they didn't want spawn campers, then the map makers should have made something that kills you if you stay in the same spot for so long. Either that, or get a fucking mod that slaps you for staying in the same spot for too long. </rant>

tl;dr = Get a mod that slaps campers or quit bitching at people for using the map/guns to their advantage. kthxbai

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    Agreed with your post, Vasoline. If I get on scout or awp, it's not smart to go balls out and run into a mob of people and hope for a no-scope shot. Nobody in any server ever does this successfully repeatedly. Those guns are SNIPER guns, and snipers pick out their spot and "camp" out there to make their kill. They are not meant to run with you all over the fucking map. I hate people bitching at me because I'm on a sniper gun (auto-snipers are a different story, IMO) and I'm standing in a hidden spot hoping to get a kill.

Now is that to say that someone with, say, an mp5 shouldn't be hiding under the ramp waiting for n00bs to run by for easy picking? That's where the time of the match comes into effect. If that person, as zero states, is making the game take longer than necessary because he's not moving around making an attemp to finish the round, then by all means bitch at him for camping. If it's the first 30 seconds of the match and majority of the teams are still alive, I don't think ANYONE should bitch about camping.

On a side note, this is the only thing I hate about these servers. I don't like going to the gungame server and get bitched at for using the map and the guns to my personal benefit. If they didn't want spawn campers, then the map makers should have made something that kills you if you stay in the same spot for so long. Either that, or get a fucking mod that slaps you for staying in the same spot for too long. </rant>

tl;dr = Get a mod that slaps campers or quit bitching at people for using the map/guns to their advantage. kthxbai
    Why are auto snipers left out of the mix? To effectively kill someone with an auto sniper you must be standing still, scope open. If you're running around like the things a fucking para then you're wasting your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    Agreed with your post, Vasoline. If I get on scout or awp, it's not smart to go balls out and run into a mob of people and hope for a no-scope shot. Nobody in any server ever does this successfully repeatedly.
    false, before the update on certain servers i could do this with scout and autosnipers. awp is another story. comes from more than a year of playing scoutknivez a lot. i used to be pro with scout, but after the update, im lucky to get off scout while camping. *keeps bragging* :P

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by [usn]scribble[nuke] View Post
    Why are auto snipers left out of the mix? To effectively kill someone with an auto sniper you must be standing still, scope open. If you're running around like the things a fucking para then you're wasting your time.
    it's easy to kill someone with noscope and moving with the autos, you just need to know where the shot goes, usually down and to the left.
    Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    Nem, if you want to make racist jokes and shit all the time, fine.
    http://www.myconfinedspace.com/2010/07/02/nemesis/nemesis-jpg/

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    it's easy to kill someone with noscope and moving with the autos, you just need to know where the shot goes, usually down and to the left.
    effectively and usually are two different things.

but, i'll keep the down and to the left thing in mind. thanks

10. Default

getting off of the autosnipers is verrrry easy, even when walking around. AWP and scout, however, are different, altho i personally don't have much troubles with scout either. In a way i can agree to a certain amount of "camping" being allowed for those. What i can't stand however is when i walk all the way across the map to the other spawn and find like 4 guys still there all camping. So imo: "camping with scout/awp": ok, spawncamping: NO, caming with any other gun: HELL NO

succesful troll is succesful!!!