Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Sniping is NOT CAMPING

1. Default

Yeah, I and most other people tend not to have difficulty getting off the auto sniper. The reason I leave it out is because the scope doesn't go away when shooting and it is an automatic weapon as in holding down the trigger will fire multiple rounds, where as a scout and awp do not do that.

And yes, spawn camping on a HUGE map is probably not a good thing to do; however, I stand firm that if you camp for maybe the first few seconds of the round and then move, that there shouldn't be a problem. If you're still in spawn and you're the last one alive, that is when things become an issue.

The reason a lot of people bitch about the spawn camping thing seems to spawn from the extremely small maps, maps where it takes maybe 10 seconds to get to the opposite side. There should be nothing wrong with staying in your spawn on maps like these.

2. Default

i've been on another server before where if you'd stay at the same spot for exactly 3 seconds, you'd automatically get beaconed. Maybe that'd be a good idea here too. The rules do say no camping, so let there be no camping. Those that follow the rules and don't camp (like me ) should have no problems with that at all

succesful troll is succesful!!!

3. Default

It depends on the maps, really.

Lego Mafia for instance, everyone stays in their spawn for the first few seconds on certain guns to get a kill across the map. I wouldn't make such a big deal about things like that...and i would hope people aren't.

Guys, if it's not impeding the progress of the game..then why does it matter? There is a difference between trying to get a scout kill and staying behind a box while crouched to stay hidden. Two completely different things.

If you were a beautiful sound in the echos all around, I'd be your harmony.

4. Default

i gotta say, vagabond on wcs made me a much, MUCH better scout user, since all vaga's do is no-scope. though, vagalion was my preference between the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by XX0wnsXY View Post
    It depends on the maps, really.

Lego Mafia for instance, everyone stays in their spawn for the first few seconds on certain guns to get a kill across the map. I wouldn't make such a big deal about things like that...and i would hope people aren't.

Guys, if it's not impeding the progress of the game..then why does it matter? There is a difference between trying to get a scout kill and staying behind a box while crouched to stay hidden. Two completely different things.
    but don't you think camping there on lego is impeding the progress, because now people don't want to use that part of the map because all the other team does is sit up there and shoot across when you spawn. kinda annoying if you're getting hit there every round.
    Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    Nem, if you want to make racist jokes and shit all the time, fine.
    http://www.myconfinedspace.com/2010/07/02/nemesis/nemesis-jpg/

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    but don't you think camping there on lego is impeding the progress, because now people don't want to use that part of the map because all the other team does is sit up there and shoot across when you spawn. kinda annoying if you're getting hit there every round.
    Not at all. I stay in spawn for 2 seconds and try to get someone going around the top. Once I move, I usually head to their spawn and anyone left is usually picked off or easily picked off because they are still focusing on catching anyone leaving my spawn. Usually the round is over quickly. When it's not, it's not usually due to someone camping, it's usually because the fucktards can't find eachother, lol.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    I'm with Owns on this. I see no issue with this, because all those guys that enjoy standing around the side ramps shooting across to the other team's are easy targets. Normally I rush from one ramp to the other and knife the first person camping the ramp or else I run up and shoot the heck out of the first guy I see pop his head in front of me.

Still it seems Zero's ruling and a majority of admins here are vastly different. Which isn't good actually. Zero is head admin and his ruling is what every admin should follow. It doesn't matter what an admin's feelings or belief for the rules are. They need to follow what Zero set. If an admin doesn't like it they should take it up with Zero to change the rule.

Camping is simply staying in one area and never leaving. Sniping typically can fall under that rule, but sniping can take a bit of skill (mostly in other games) to kill someone. It is more what weapons are expected to be camped more with (scout, AWP, maybe auto-snipers at times), because really I personally can "snipe" with the auto, pump-shooties, and a vast majority of other weapons if I take my time to aim at targets that are a decent distance away. Will I snipe with them in GG, no, Pub yes because de_dust is a wonderful map to pull it off. Still I also always snipe while moving unless getting a kill gets a bit frustrating.

maybe these flash videos will put things into prospective a bit, and get a few laughs at the same time.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/148082
    http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/59679

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Rapedollar$ View Post
    if you cant get a kill with the sniper rifles, thats not my problem. if you camp excessivly, i will ban you. admin or not... that is all.
    Well, yeah. Camping in GG is uncool because it breaks up the insanity, which just so happens to be the focus of GG. We've already established that, and everyone generally agrees. HOWEVER, this thread isn't about camping, it's about whether or not standing in one place scoped in with a sniper rifle is allowed.

You're a real jerk for threatening me, I don't camp (for more than a second or two, in which case it's called "waiting a split second for the guy following you to come around the corner") with non-scoped weapons on GG servers. I actually like the server! I've been going there for over two years now. The last thing I want to do is get banned. I just want clarification on this rule so that I don't get banned for using a sniper rifle as it is intended. So far, the general consensus in this thread is that "Sniping with a sniper rifle is NOT necessarily camping, and therefore in compliance with the rules."

If you plan on banning me for following the rules, have at it. So far, you are the ONLY person in this thread who would threaten a ban for sniping with a sniper rifle.
    Last edited by vas0line; 07-22-2010 at 04:39 PM. Reason: clarification

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by vas0line View Post
    Well, yeah. Camping in GG is uncool because it breaks up the insanity, which just so happens to be the focus of GG. We've already established that, and everyone generally agrees. HOWEVER, this thread isn't about camping, it's about whether or not standing in one place scoped in with a sniper rifle is allowed.

You're a real jerk for threatening me, I don't camp (for more than a second or two, in which case it's called "waiting a split second for the guy following you to come around the corner") with non-scoped weapons on GG servers. I actually like the server! I've been going there for over two years now. The last thing I want to do is get banned. I just want clarification on this rule so that I don't get banned for using a sniper rifle as it is intended. So far, the general consensus in this thread is that "Sniping with a sniper rifle is NOT necessarily camping, and therefore in compliance with the rules."

If you plan on banning me for following the rules, have at it. So far, you are the ONLY person in this thread who would threaten a ban for sniping with a sniper rifle.
    Your best bet is to just play the game how you would normally play the game. You agree that camping is not good in GG so if you are playing with that in mind, then wether you're standing still to snipe or not...you should be ok.

The worst that can happen is you get kicked for camping. An admin will always warn you before taking any action against you. Then, you will know what is or is not acceptable.

Also, I rarely ever have or seen any other admin ban someone for camping. Usually it is a repetitive thing and multiple warnings are usually given before a ban is put in place. You would know what you were doing and what not to do long before you ever get banned.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by vas0line View Post

dude, i'm going to give you one piece of advice.

just one.

don't get all bitchy towards rape. he'll fuck you up.
    especially when he wasn't even directing his comment to you
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?