Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Sniping is NOT CAMPING

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_MikeyRevile View Post
    why is any of this a discussion?

admins over react to people chilling in one spot to get a kill, because other players whine about it or they are killed by a camper

if they are not holding up game play in any way, let them sit there.

If Joe "our camper in this example" chooses to sit in one spot ALL round and never gets a kill but does not hold up game-play. he is not breaking any rules.

now if joe, is the LAST player on a team and continues to camp. well that would be against the rules.

key word because to many people are lazy.

MOTD TOS section
    It's pretty simple Mikey. They are exploiting their way through psycostats at the expense of other players, as well as being a PITA. There are even those that come into the server to simply be a bunch of defiant assholes and that's just not gonna cut it. I have gotten tons of requests over time to ban, slay, etc for people that camp all which have there own reasons behind it.
    I respect most peoples opinion regarding this and other issues but the fact still remains that every admin will deal with this on different levels. I won't try to tell you, or any other admin, how to make your decisions, and visa versa.

It's all about the FUN and keeping it that way on all the servers. We do what we have to to meet that medium keeping it within reason.

Cheers

DED
    Last edited by DeadEyeDeNNi$; 07-29-2010 at 12:21 AM.
    One cannot improve if they cannot see their mistakes!

If you can't do it right, Don't bother!

DeadEyeDeNNi$ <ibis.a>

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by vas0line View Post
    In pub, I generally use a lot of cheap dirty tricks like camping, sneaking around, baiting... All the shit that would get you bitched out in GG. However, in GG I think that it just slows down the insanity of the game if a player is camping WITHOUT a sniper rifle. The problem with camping in GG is that nobody has any idea what is and what is not allowed, and it makes for a total bitchfest and bickering among admins....

Then I turn voice chat off and all is well.

That's the debate here. That's exactly what I want clarification on.

OK here's a situation I've experienced on more than one occasion:
    -I headshot the fuck out of someone, get upgraded to scout.
    -I run to the corner of one of the spawn points in gg_deagle or whatever.
    -I get a kill, upgrade, run back into the map to go kill someone else.
    -An admin starts whining that I'm a horrible camper.
    -I point out that I had a sniper rifle.
    -The admin says "It doesn't matter do it again and I'll kick you."

So what is it? Is it against the rules to sit in one place with a sniper rifle, or is it not against the rules? Do the admins even know the rules?
    LOL YES I FULLY AGREE THIS HAPPENS AND IS A HUGE PROBLEM

3. Question

Quote Originally Posted by DeadEyeDeNNi$ View Post
    It's pretty simple Mikey. They are exploiting there way through psycostats at the expense of other players, as well as being a PITA.
    how is anybody exploiting psychostats?

UR JUST OLD DENNIS
    Cheers

4. Default

It's post like this that are wrecking GG server, past week has nothing but a majority of campers and because of this post, it's now "well im not holding up the game" I guess to me GG should be everyone rush every round and just blast the shit out of everything, no round should last over 20 secs. Now I've had to change my playstyle to start camping as well, since I won't be the only person rushing on a team, you end up getting gang raped by 4 ppl.

5. Default

the only gun you should camp with is the scout. even then you dont need to camp learn how to snipe faster or quit bitching when you get slayed by admin.
    so all you campers who say there sniping b/c you can say your sniping with a fucking pistol to a auto. but its still camping. so learn how to fucking quick snipe.
    and they make knifes on the game for people who cant snipe worth a shit learn how to use one.

Quote Originally Posted by taz1stP View Post
    the only gun you should camp with is the scout. even then you dont need to camp learn how to snipe faster or quit bitching when you get slayed by admin.
    so all you campers who say there sniping b/c you can say your sniping with a fucking pistol to a auto. but its still camping. so learn how to fucking quick snipe.
    and they make knifes on the game for people who cant snipe worth a shit learn how to use one.
    if it had to be 1 gun to camp with, id say awp. its a whole lot fucking easier to rush with scout then an awp, and for that reason awp is probly my least favorite gun in the game. its most of the reason i start out a gungame 8-10 or some shit like that, and end up 26-15, i hate the living hell out of the lower weapons, once i get past scout im basically guaranteed to get to either knife or nade level or win. awp is horrible because its extremely hard to accurately shoot it while moving. scout is pretty easy to get a moving noscope kill. awp is shit

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by hallwagner View Post
    if it had to be 1 gun to camp with, id say awp. its a whole lot fucking easier to rush with scout then an awp, and for that reason awp is probly my least favorite gun in the game. its most of the reason i start out a gungame 8-10 or some shit like that, and end up 26-15, i hate the living hell out of the lower weapons, once i get past scout im basically guaranteed to get to either knife or nade level or win. awp is horrible because its extremely hard to accurately shoot it while moving. scout is pretty easy to get a moving noscope kill. awp is shit
    crouch then shoot then im the chest and there you go. i do all the time. and if you get close swich to knife and knife the fuck out of them.

8. Default

You don't know what you are fucking talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    You don't know what you are fucking talking about.
    how so? ive played gungame for 3 years, and ive always had much more trouble with awp than scout. it helps ive played scoutknivez, but since they dont have an awpknivez i cant really work on it as well.
    @ taz ty i'll try that i've just always hated the awp, its a horribly overpowered gun, thats extremely difficult to get an accurate shot off

10. Default

how so? ive played gungame for 3 years, and ive always had much more trouble with awp than scout. it helps ive played scoutknivez, but since they dont have an awpknivez i cant really work on it as well.
    @ taz ty i'll try that i've just always hated the awp, its a horribly overpowered gun, thats extremely difficult to get an accurate shot off
    or do like i do use your team as bait and see if they get killed once they walk around the corner then go in with the awp and shoot the guy who kills them.