Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Sniping is NOT CAMPING

1. Exclamation Sniping is NOT CAMPING

Whenever a player stands in the same spot on a map for more than 1 second, the <ibis.a> jerks always start a HUGE ARGUMENT with the person that just ends up being really annoying and admins bicker at each other like little children with their high pitched whiny little girl voices.

SO. Is "sniping" allowed at all? Are we able to use the scoped weapons as they were intended, or are we supposed to run around like idiots trying to "n0sc0p3 sum nubz lolol" ? Aside from those cDs losers, this is the ONLG GG server I've played on where the <ibis.a> people bitch and bitch and bitch about players "camping" when they are using a scoped in sniper rifle.

In order to solve this retarded goddamn debate, can we PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GO have an OFFICIAL WORD?! This RETARDED ASS FUCKING debate MUST be ended. It can't "Be left up to the senior admin" because the admins all have different arbitrary rules. Here is the question:

If you are sitting in one place, scoped in, is it "camping" or is it "sniping?"

Furthermore,

Is "sniping" allowed?

Flame away, you scoundrels.

lol really?

3. Default

I'm glad you supplied a demo citing all of these cases where admins bitched at you for bullshit reasosns.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_MikeyRevile View Post
    lol really?
    Damn right!

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    I'm glad you supplied a demo citing all of these cases where admins bitched at you for bullshit reasosns.
    I don't even need to record one - Just go onto the server and snipe with a sniper rifle and listen to the incessant whining!

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by vas0line View Post
    I don't even need to record one - Just go onto the server and snipe with a sniper rifle and listen to the incessant whining!
    That's not how this works.

6. Default

That's not how this works.
    Whaddya mean? Last I checked, we don't need to post demos to get a clarification on the rules. :P

That's all I want: Someone to OFFICIALLY POST whether it is OK to snipe with a sniper rifle.

7. Default

Whaddya mean? Last I checked, we don't need to post demos to get a clarification on the rules. :P

That's all I want: Someone to OFFICIALLY POST whether it is OK to snipe with a sniper rifle.
    Does it say sniping is not allowed in the rules?

8. Default

Zero said (in '08):
    Anyways, my view on a user who is camping is a user who is found to be often delaying the end of the game by camping in some spot just so they do not get killed. Hiding in a good spot during the game and picking passing noobs off is just well, smart. If you watched high level cal matches that is mostly what they do.

If they user was truly camping than they should be punished. But I think that people sometimes like to label what are simply good tactics, camping. Admins please beacon and punish repeated campers, we do not need to sit around all day waiting for someone to kill them.
    Generally I'm of the same opinion. I personally think ladder camping is amazingly cheap, and am likely to call it out on mic when I see it. Punishing for it, usually takes a bit more.
    Kiro : us fireyes got dumb by his girl that y he is suck

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Fireye View Post
    Zero said (in '08):

Generally I'm of the same opinion. I personally think ladder camping is amazingly cheap, and am likely to call it out on mic when I see it. Punishing for it, usually takes a bit more.
    In pub, I generally use a lot of cheap dirty tricks like camping, sneaking around, baiting... All the shit that would get you bitched out in GG. However, in GG I think that it just slows down the insanity of the game if a player is camping WITHOUT a sniper rifle. The problem with camping in GG is that nobody has any idea what is and what is not allowed, and it makes for a total bitchfest and bickering among admins....

Then I turn voice chat off and all is well.

Does it say sniping is not allowed in the rules?
    That's the debate here. That's exactly what I want clarification on.

OK here's a situation I've experienced on more than one occasion:
    -I headshot the fuck out of someone, get upgraded to scout.
    -I run to the corner of one of the spawn points in gg_deagle or whatever.
    -I get a kill, upgrade, run back into the map to go kill someone else.
    -An admin starts whining that I'm a horrible camper.
    -I point out that I had a sniper rifle.
    -The admin says "It doesn't matter do it again and I'll kick you."

So what is it? Is it against the rules to sit in one place with a sniper rifle, or is it not against the rules? Do the admins even know the rules?
    Last edited by vas0line; 07-19-2010 at 10:16 AM.

10. Default

Whenever a player stands in the same spot on a map for more than 1 second, the <ibis.a> jerks always start a HUGE ARGUMENT with the person that just ends up being really annoying and admins bicker at each other like little children with their high pitched whiny little girl voices.

SO. Is "sniping" allowed at all? Are we able to use the scoped weapons as they were intended, or are we supposed to run around like idiots trying to "n0sc0p3 sum nubz lolol" ? Aside from those cDs losers, this is the ONLG GG server I've played on where the <ibis.a> people bitch and bitch and bitch about players "camping" when they are using a scoped in sniper rifle.

In order to solve this retarded goddamn debate, can we PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GO have an OFFICIAL WORD?! This RETARDED ASS FUCKING debate MUST be ended. It can't "Be left up to the senior admin" because the admins all have different arbitrary rules. Here is the question:

If you are sitting in one place, scoped in, is it "camping" or is it "sniping?"

Furthermore,

Is "sniping" allowed?

Flame away, you scoundrels.

Everyone knows that I'm not a fan of camping and since this debate first started I've eased up on the "definitions" of what camping is in my own interpretation. I have ALWAYS said though, that there are TWO guns that "camping" - "sniping" or whatever name you choose to use, and those being...
    1- Regular AWP
    2- Scout

SHOULD be allowed

The reason is exactly what this topic was started for. You need to be in a fixed position when your scope is open and away from vulnerability to a knife in the back or high visibility inviting someone to free kill you.

Now I’m only an ADMIN and not a member or upper echelon that makes the rules so please DO NOT interpret this as anything more than MY opinion, but I do think and believe very strongly that it is a valid solution. Just don’t abuse the opportunity and try to push the envelope and continue to stay in an area that allowed you to get your scoped snipe off by popping a few more kills off when you get a gun change as that would be MY definition of camping and if I am in the server I will act on you.

Good Luck

DED
    One cannot improve if they cannot see their mistakes!

If you can't do it right, Don't bother!

DeadEyeDeNNi$ <ibis.a>