Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Going to buy Admin

1. Default Going to buy Admin

So with a growing disappointment over some of the new admins and the growing stupidity of people on the ZM servers I have talked my self into buying Admin, of course I won't do so until I get back from vacation in over a week.

I have been around for kind of awhile now, semi active on the forums, pretty active on ZM. So I know the rules, sort of, and I just don't wanna be one of these horrible admins who slap themselves into spots or give them selves restricted weapons such as an awp(yes on one time taz told me he was allowed to give himself one, and when I told him I would SS it he stopped) or admins making themselves invincible for whatever reason thinking it's funny to run around while zombies try to kill them.

I know many of you are aware of the horrible class of admins we have now, so I was wondering what advice you could give so I know don't turn into taz or a walter etc...

Also, I know this is a been a burning topic for awhile but it has to do with 'illegal' spots, the only spots I consider 'illegal' to cade are the with the wheelbarrow on roy_highway and the pipe spot on hospital. Sure these spots are breakable however with 30 people on that don't even know how to use there parachute I doubt these will ever be. Also, any vent that physically has a something in it but this is rare.

Also, a lot of admins have been preaching about this '2 per tube' rule, while I think extremely fair for most maps, I was wondering how the rest of you felt about this?

And last, I need a good place that has a list of admin/console commands.
    These are the words you wish you wrote down.

exciting dissertation comrade!

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew_Pavlik View Post
    So with a growing disappointment over some of the new admins and the growing stupidity of people on the ZM servers I have talked my self into buying Admin, of course I won't do so until I get back from vacation in over a week.

I have been around for kind of awhile now, semi active on the forums, pretty active on ZM. So I know the rules, sort of, and I just don't wanna be one of these horrible admins who slap themselves into spots or give them selves restricted weapons such as an awp(yes on one time taz told me he was allowed to give himself one, and when I told him I would SS it he stopped) or admins making themselves invincible for whatever reason thinking it's funny to run around while zombies try to kill them.

I know many of you are aware of the horrible class of admins we have now, so I was wondering what advice you could give so I know don't turn into taz or a walter etc...

Also, I know this is a been a burning topic for awhile but it has to do with 'illegal' spots, the only spots I consider 'illegal' to cade are the with the wheelbarrow on roy_highway and the pipe spot on hospital. Sure these spots are breakable however with 30 people on that don't even know how to use there parachute I doubt these will ever be. Also, any vent that physically has a something in it but this is rare.

Also, a lot of admins have been preaching about this '2 per tube' rule, while I think extremely fair for most maps, I was wondering how the rest of you felt about this?

And last, I need a good place that has a list of admin/console commands.
    neither of those are illiegal. only illiegal spot the servers actually have is red room on highschool
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

http://www.counter-strike.com/commands/mani_mod/ keep in mind some of those commands might not work or were altered since the update. anyways i havent played with you a whole lot andrew, but i look forward to

5. Default

The fact that you actively desire to not be a douchebag admin fills me with hope. You actually might not suck!

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tickle Me Emo View Post
    The fact that you actively desire to not be a douchebag admin fills me with hope. You actually might not suck!
    but, he still needs to understand the zm rules. there is no "2 people to a pipe" rule, nor should there be. in addition, there's only 1 illiegal spot (maybe 2, one on dessert fortress?). nowhere else is illiegal. also, the slapping thing is fine. admins always have, and always will. just don't do it excessively, and don't do it on escape maps.

about the commands, look for the comprehensive command list in admin help. it'll give you what you need to know to admin on ibis.
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.

My Advice to you for not turning out a horrible admin, is do you job, be respectful and understanding and most importantly be yourself

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_MikeyRevile View Post
    My Advice to you for not turning out a horrible admin, is do you job, be respectful and understanding and most importantly be yourself
    uhhh, ever met taz?

9. Default

but, he still needs to understand the zm rules. there is no "2 people to a pipe" rule, nor should there be. in addition, there's only 1 illiegal spot (maybe 2, one on dessert fortress?). nowhere else is illiegal. also, the slapping thing is fine. admins always have, and always will. just don't do it excessively, and don't do it on escape maps.
    I am aware of the red room as well, also money crates? But I feel the ones I have listed are almost just as unbreakable for 98% of the ZM community and there is no need to make a cheap spot.... cheaper. And the 2 per tube thing is new to me as well, but a lot of admins, admins I even consider to not be new have been saying it..... was just wondering if it was something I missed... I'll use discretion on this, I feel as my job as admin is to make the server enjoyable to play on.

And for the slapping, yes I understand it happens for fun and a good laugh, what I don't like is an admin using it to an unfair advantage, this is what I was suggesting.
    These are the words you wish you wrote down.

10. Default

Welcome new babysitter. No matter if anyone wants to admit it or not ZMOD server has been full of more idiots since the update. Good luck!
    Got pug?
    Quote Originally Posted by hitman
    Hey Shrek take it easy.....why dont you grab your gf Fiona from that pic and just leave?