Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New zBlock Update

i would think that at least the following features would be extremely beneficial in preventing griefers/cheaters:

-zb_crashblock (default: 1)
    Protects the game-server from several crash exploits.

-zb_antispeedhack (default: 1)
    Prevents the use of cheats which manipulate the games view of time.

-zb_viewanglescheck (default: 1)
    Detects cheats which distort a player view-angles.

-zb_antispam_max_cmds_per_sec (default: 5)
    Sets the maximum number of commands a player can trigger per second, prevents spam attacks

i dont see it as much as advertising as it is bringing something to the community more beneficial than most regulars do around here.

to each his own...

2. Default

we already have spam blocking.

we don't have many problems w/ crash exploits, or view angle exploits, and admins take care of speedhackers quick enough.

all of those things are not needed, and would ammount to just one more mod running on the servers to bog and slow it down.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    we already have spam blocking.

we don't have many problems w/ crash exploits, or view angle exploits, and admins take care of speedhackers quick enough.

all of those things are not needed, and would ammount to just one more mod running on the servers to bog and slow it down.
    the only person who would know if someone was DDOS'ing the server is the person looking over the logs, "view angle exploits" are in essence a coded wallhack, and a good cheater will never be blatant with his cheats. this mod is has been around for years, and is what leagues and match servers run to even the playing field at the core of the game, as best they can.

it's one thing if Zero looks it over and turns it down. it's another when regulars/admins shoot things down without knowing what they're talking about.

4. Default

i like the spam one cause i find people like to spam "go go go" way too much, unless the fix isnt for that, in which case they should make a fix for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkphoenix View Post
    i like the spam one cause i find people like to spam "go go go" way too much, unless the fix isnt for that, in which case they should make a fix for it.
    that is exactly what the spam feature does, and i agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkphoenix View Post
    NO, i love spamming radio commands, thats half my zm experience :P

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by devour View Post
    that is exactly what the spam feature does, and i agree.
    i disagree. it sounds like it doesn't do shit for radio commands.
    just for typeed shit.

edit: hall, i'll mute you w/out a second thought if you mic spam
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.

just for typeed shit.

did i say anything about mic spam? mute doesnt do shit for radio spamming

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by hallwagner View Post
    did i say anything about mic spam? mute doesnt do shit for radio spamming
    :sigh:

then i'll have no recourse. i'd have to kick you

just for typeed shit.

incorrect. the feature has been a staple in the zblock mod since inception.

it prevents radio command spamming, as well as mm1, mm2, and console spamming.