Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Database Compromised

1. Arrow Database Compromised

An exploit in the latest VBB caused our database connection data to be made public in the faq. It is thus possible that people may have downloaded the database. The only sensitive data stored in there is your account passwords. Note that these passwords are encrypted and would take years to crack without a supercomputer. (depending on your password strength)

Regardless you may want to update your passwords and any other accounts that use the same one. I am sorry about this but wanted to let you all know ASAP so that everyone can ensure that their passwords are safe.

The actual risk is very low but still I want to make sure that you all know what is going on

2. Default

Thanks for letting us know.
    Xenn<3: if your getting old then I am old
    Rob | Ibis.a: Older women are yum though.
    Rob | Ibis.a: so its cool.
    Xenn<3: oh dear jesus lol
    (ADMIN) aNex <ibis>: You are the super senior admin first class with three ranks above other admins.
    Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    o.O dude, you're fucking dead. i don't think posting photoshopped pics of zero's mother sleeping with the pope would even come CLOSE to taking on rob.

3. Default

Hold on, so its just the password for our accounts on the forum right?

4. Default

Yea, as stated above it is just to be safe. The actual chance of it getting stolen is very low.

5. Default

Another forum I'm on got hit and some accounts with passwords smaller than 5 characters were broken into within the two days of the exploit being published.

They expect some people with 6 character passwords to possibly be compromised by Tuesday (depending on the words in their passwords).

A decent GPU with a well made word table can take down some MD5 passwords up to 7-8 character with salt in under two weeks.

So, should probably let your community know that their password and email address might have been compromised by a broadcast email and not just an announcement thread.

6. Default

hmm 8 char only letters... 2 weeks... oh well what do they have to gain from takeing my forum account :/

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by StarsMine View Post
    hmm 8 char only letters... 2 weeks... oh well what do they have to gain from takeing my forum account :/
    around 700 forums posts?

Quote Originally Posted by mastercheff View Post
    around 700 forums posts?
    only a post-count whore like acolyte would care about that :O

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mastercheff View Post
    around 700 forums posts?
    .... so? those posts are still mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

10. Default

As it can only really effect forum accounts they gain access to no sensitive data. That is why it is just a forum topic. I wanted to warn everyone but not have any over reaction.

It is important to note that even with the passwords it is not possible to connect to our database remotly without being on a white list. Only the ips of the game servers are on this list.