Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ideas to add

1. Default Ideas to add

this is just a few things i've seen in other WCS servers up now that we might consider adding to ours once it's up agian:

Race of the Day - each day a random race is picked for each player from the races they have available. when playing that race they gain extra xp. this would encourage people to always play different races and mix things up.

Assists - gives xp for damaging an enemy that is killed by a teammate (CoD style) doesn't have to be alot, just encourages teamwork and killstealing isn't AS bad.

Starting Levels - each player should get free levels upon joining the server that they can apply to any race they want. this doesn't do much for existing players but it gives new people a little boost so they're not starting with nothing. Even if it was as low as 5 lvls, just so they can have a few abilities to start with.
    Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    Nem, if you want to make racist jokes and shit all the time, fine.
    http://www.myconfinedspace.com/2010/07/02/nemesis/nemesis-jpg/

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    this is just a few things i've seen in other WCS servers up now that we might consider adding to ours once it's up agian:

Race of the Day - each day a random race is picked for each player from the races they have available. when playing that race they gain extra xp. this would encourage people to always play different races and mix things up.

Assists - gives xp for damaging an enemy that is killed by a teammate (CoD style) doesn't have to be alot, just encourages teamwork and killstealing isn't AS bad.

Starting Levels - each player should get free levels upon joining the server that they can apply to any race they want. this doesn't do much for existing players but it gives new people a little boost so they're not starting with nothing. Even if it was as low as 5 lvls, just so they can have a few abilities to start with.
    no
    been thinking that for a while
    no
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

Ehhhhhhhhhh

Sure, then my 1 shot knife kills wouldn't be so bad! Just saying...

I can see where your going with that, but how many "free" lvls are we giving them... and if that was the case then some players could manipulate their "free" lvls to their advantage (Ex. unlock a more powerful and fun to lvl race later than spending it as soon as you join the server). All in all... no ty

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

4. Default

No

No

No

all your ideas are based on just giving ppl more xp. if ppl want the high lvl races, then they can work for them like every 1 else did in the past year. we don't need 2 make the server accommodate noobs. the server is good, has a very large following of regulars and supporters. during the last 2-3 months traffic died because things were promised and those things never happend due 2 the new CSS coming out, there was no point at the time in zero spending his time and efforts on something that would be deemed pointless. once zero gets everything sorted out, and we re-launch, the server will be back 2 it's normal high traffic self. there's absolutely no reason 2 turn our fine server into a noob zone by giving all this extra xp.

we don't need a buncha noob xp handouts, and that's what all 3 ideas of yours are.

sorry if this sounded cold or overly blunt, but I'm not exactly sure how else 2 word it. I mean no personal disrespect, but these ideas do nothing but accommodate noobs.
    Last edited by maynard; 07-22-2010 at 11:06 PM.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

5. Default

no worries, it's cool,

i just think the more ways to gain experiance and things to change up gameplay add to the fun, but thats just from other server's i've played.

6. Default

no worries, it's cool,

i just think the more ways to gain experiance and things to change up gameplay add to the fun, but thats just from other server's i've played.
    there's just no point in adding more xp, it's not hard 2 lvl on the server. unlike most wcs servers, ours you actually have 2 work a little for your lvl's and put some time in but you don't have 2 put that much in 2 unlock all the races other then eva.... and from what ive seen and heard from most the regulars is that's 1 of the main aspects they like about our wcs compared 2 others.... that and the fact we don't have like 400 races lol
    Last edited by maynard; 07-23-2010 at 12:23 AM.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

7. Default

there's just no point in adding more xp, it's not hard 2 lvl on the server. unlike most wcs servers, ours you actually have 2 work a little for your lvl's and put some time in but you don't have 2 put that much in 2 unlock all the races other then eva.... and from what ive seen and heard from most the regulars is that's 1 of the main aspects they like about our wcs compared 2 others.... that and the fact we don't have like 400 races lol
    i don't think you have to work all that hard to lvl, i mean, the cap only increases 100xp each lvl, where other's it's 75%. but yes, a race every ten levels is nice.

i just think the more you give people to do the more fun they can have in different ways.

8. Default

i don't think you have to work all that hard to lvl, i mean, the cap only increases 100xp each lvl, where other's it's 75%. but yes, a race every ten levels is nice.

i just think the more you give people to do the more fun they can have in different ways.
    more to do?

dude, they have plenty to do. i have to agree w/ maynard aboutthis stuff now. at first, i thought the assist-kill thing was solid, but now that he's actually explaind shit it really wouldn't be good. our wcs is built to make people have to actually try in order to get the levels. this is why we don't give xp for things like reloading or shooting (not killing) your opponent. don't laugh, i seen a server w/ those.

this is also why we allow people to play maxed races. because they were forced to really work towards those levels, and it aint fair to make them stop playing something that's probably their fav. race.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    more to do?

dude, they have plenty to do. i have to agree w/ maynard aboutthis stuff now. at first, i thought the assist-kill thing was solid, but now that he's actually explaind shit it really wouldn't be good. our wcs is built to make people have to actually try in order to get the levels. this is why we don't give xp for things like reloading or shooting (not killing) your opponent. don't laugh, i seen a server w/ those.

this is also why we allow people to play maxed races. because they were forced to really work towards those levels, and it aint fair to make them stop playing something that's probably their fav. race.
    actually our WCS is one of the easiest to lvl on, both because the xp cap doesn't increase much and races are 10 lvl's apart.

i never suggested these with the idea of keeping our level xp the same, you could increase them and add more ways to gain the xp, giving you more ways to do it.

i never said anything about not letting someone play the race they want, the rotd thing would just give them the option of playing a race that maybe the dont play often, so the server isn't always two evas, vegas and shadow hunters all day.

10. Default

how do you think giving ppl way more xp is giving them more to do? if you give ppl more xp, they will hit the max lvl's WAYYY faster and in turn would have less to do.

Maynard - The WCS Guy