Thread: NVIDIA Quits!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Arrow NVIDIA Quits!

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/chipset...in_Danger.html

The skies may not be blue for Nvidia, as the company is about to quit chipset business, which automatically means that the company’s much-hyped multi-GPU SLI technology is either in danger or re-considered. Moreover, several mainboard makers have already ceased making high-end Nvidia-based mainboards.

2. Default

I guess I'll start to throw all my nvidia cards away then!

3. Default

They are still making grafix cards, and ones that blow the shit out of ati's crap. Hopefully NVIDIA will come out and reassure us of the future of sli. They have a lot of advanced tech such as being able to use your intigrated gpu for sli that you simply can never do with crossfire. It is Intel who has really fucked us all over with this for stopping Nvidia from making x58 chipsets.

4. Default

If you ask me SLI is over rate anyway.

5. Default

It is on platforms that do not take advantage of it, but now with the ability to use spare cards as PPUs and even cards of different models is great. Also DirectX 11 is going to nativity take advantage of multi gpu and threading.

6. Default

Bad for the long-term as a nvidia fan but in the short term...price drops inc!