Thread: Ok this bullshit is pissin me off

Default Ok this bullshit is pissin me off

My ping for some reason will jump from 80-240 for no reason. It will stay absurdly high just long enough for the servers to kick me too. I'm not downloading anything, nothing is updating WTFBBQ!?!?!?! I haven't changed my rates or any of that either. I'm at a loss.

could it be that valve made me do another fucking update and it just fucked with me?

does this happen on other servers? if you havent tested this, then you should. different servers in different locations lead to better test results. could be a bad hop your ISP is sending you on. or it could be an issue with your ISP. or it could be an issue with the mods on the servers. or it could be an issue with your hardware. many possibilities.

3. Default

There are many client side bugs with the new css that cause lag. Things from audio drivers to strange cvar settings.

Quote Originally Posted by devour View Post
    does this happen on other servers? if you havent tested this, then you should. different servers in different locations lead to better test results. could be a bad hop your ISP is sending you on. or it could be an issue with your ISP. or it could be an issue with the mods on the servers. or it could be an issue with your hardware. many possibilities.
    yes im not an idiot. I tried even the basic server in LA. and im still laggin over 250.

Quote Originally Posted by Perry View Post
    yes im not an idiot. I tried even the basic server in LA. and im still laggin over 250.
    try restarting your modem, and then your computer. those fixed my lag problems

did that too. im running very well. this is my ping and speed

Quote Originally Posted by Perry View Post
    did that too. im running very well. this is my ping and speed

89 latency isnt that bad for you, especially on zm. my ping is a lot higher on zm than gg, goes from around 5-15 on gg to 15-40 on zm. zm is a lagfest period

turned out to be valves fucking fault. im back to normal.

9. Default

What did they do!?

the game updated before I was able to play, ANOTHER update was just sent out and now my ping and fps are back to normal.