time of ban 248 pm central zmod server

Kicked and banned

Name in Game: Rapedollar$ Ibis.a
    Steam-ID: STEAM_0:1:15399062
    Who banned you: pooter or mallissian
    When: 3 min ago
    Where: Zmod server some jurrasic escape map
    Why banned: i blew up the bridge...?

Other/Reason to unban: ok maybe asshole move on my part, but in no way shape or form a warrant for a ban.... MUCH LESS AN ADMIN BANNING ANOTHER ADMIN...

i look forward to the other admins punishment

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm ~ George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Step 1: Get Admin
    Step 2:
    Step 3: Get Perma Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmail242 View Post
    ... IBIS in the name right? ibis.a means admin while IBIS means Shut the fuck up and sit the fuck down.
    Quote Originally Posted by SCRIBBLE View Post
    It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived. — General George S. Patton

2. Default

unbanned, investigating

3. Default

Logs:

Code:
    M 08/01/2008 - 15:47:31: [MANI_ADMIN_PLUGIN] Admin [Mallissin <IBIS.A>] [STEAM_0:1:7347005] Executed :  Banned (By Admin) [Rapedollar$ Ibis.a] [STEAM_0:1:15399062] banid 30 728 kick
    M 08/01/2008 - 15:49:05: [MANI_ADMIN_PLUGIN] Admin [Mallissin <IBIS.A>] [STEAM_0:1:7347005] Executed :  (ALL) 30 minutes for TKing 30 minutes for TKing
    M 08/01/2008 - 15:49:54: [MANI_ADMIN_PLUGIN] Admin [Mallissin <IBIS.A>] [STEAM_0:1:7347005] Executed :  (ALL) Can't ban clan members. Read the TOS. He didn't even have the tag right and I don't believe he's an admin. Can't ban clan members. Read the TOS. He didn't even have the tag right and I don't believe he's an admin.
    M 08/01/2008 - 15:50:05: [MANI_ADMIN_PLUGIN] Admin [Mallissin <IBIS.A>] [STEAM_0:1:7347005] Executed :  (ALL) an admin with a name like that. an admin with a name like that.
    M 08/01/2008 - 15:50:47: [MANI_ADMIN_PLUGIN] Admin [Mallissin <IBIS.A>] [STEAM_0:1:7347005] Executed :  (ALL) Point of admin is to keep the game fun. If an admin is TKing, they're not being an admin. Point of admin is to keep the game fun. If an admin is TKing, they're not being an admin.
    M 08/01/2008 - 15:50:51: [MANI_ADMIN_PLUGIN] Admin [Mallissin <IBIS.A>] [STEAM_0:1:7347005] Executed :  (ALL) They're being an asshole. They're being an asshole.

4. Default

i blew the bridge up and 6 peeps died from it... i went back to ask why and simply to ask for an appology but mal was quite hostile and repetedly advocated banning me because i tk'd... techinically it was true, i used a map function and as result 6 died including another admin (pooter i have to assume), sry i wasnt overly familiar with the map... i apologize for the tk but banning another admin is an issue the bothers me greatly

this will be my last post on the issue as i have military commitment for the next few weeks and will not have internet access, i hope that your actions will be swift and decisive zero, i look forward to seeing results upon my return
    Last edited by Rapedollar$; 08-01-2008 at 03:20 PM.

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm ~ George Orwell

Step 2:
    ... IBIS in the name right? ibis.a means admin while IBIS means Shut the fuck up and sit the fuck down.
    It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived. — General George S. Patton

5. Default

I went into the server and saw the kayos concerning the button. It is clear that the admin acted rash but it is also known that he is new. He has no excuses now so next time something like this occurs his powers are gone!

6. Default

thx zero! happy to see you are on the "good" team

Step 2:

7. Default

The admin needs to read the TOS rules once again. Rapedollars isnt even a troublemaker.

8. Default

I'd like to clarify the circumstances of the ban, and apologize if the formatting looks weird.
    I was getting a headache reading the preview so I forced line-breaks.

After three rounds of people purposefully setting off the bridge explosion on ZM_LOSTWORLD
    to kill other humans, I started standing beside the plunger to watch who was doing it. Every
    round a slew of people said in text and on voice to not hit the plunger before the zombie
    arrives. Admins also warned, including Lukey and myself, as the rounds began each time.

It should be noted that on this map when a zombie gets turned, it's sent back to spawn,
    so you have time to wait since it has to not only fall from a significant height
    in the sky but also swim quite a ways before it even reaches land, much less the bridge.
    It's pretty easy to notice when the zombie spawns, since everyone on radar goes blue
    suddenly. Rarely will a zombie (even a fast) catch up with the main group of humans
    on the bridge, usually catching only stragglers or people who had to ztele to get unstuck.

Should also be noted that I have never seen "Rapedollars" before on the server.

Meanwhile, while standing there I froze or kicked (depending on their reaction)
    people doing it to calm down the constant tking. After the third round of enforcing,
    we had several rounds with people acting civil, even killing zombies with the explosion
    and winning (rare for humans to win on this map). Then suddenly on one round it went off
    and got a bunch of people early (more than 5 but didn't get a count). I was the zombie
    that round, so I was back swimming when it happened. After I got a few humans, I got a
    PM from one of the guys that died that's on my friends list telling me it was an admin.
    I thought he was screwing around (not uncommon for this person) and kept playing, knowing
    the admins that I knew were on I could trust (Lukey, Pooter, Komrade, Walter, etc.).

The next round, I'm 4th across bridge and stop to watch the plunger again. A third to
    a half of the humans run by and then one guy walks right up and presses. I see the
    name "rape" as first four characters and figure it's a griefer. I didn't read the rest
    of the name until I saw the ban message afterwards. Lukey brought up almost immediately
    that it was an admin and suddenly I realize the guy who PM'd me probably meant him.
    I don't remember how many people died the first time, but I know the time I caught
    was 6-8.

Honestly, had I taken the time to confirm he was an admin, using ma_admins
    like Lukey explained to me just after Rape's short ban, I probably would have still banned
    and endured the drama. Probably a little too much of the "shoot first, sort it out later"
    philosophy, but I'd rather not see regulars leave because they feel admins get to act
    above the law. It's not the first time I've seen an admin blatantly TK others on the server,
    so if they don't want to follow the rules laid out for all players then why should
    the admin rules shelter their behavior from punishment.

On the flip side of the coin, I've had admins break the TOS against me
    (using admin commands on me) and I didn't bother reporting because the circumstances
    warranted it. I let it go because it did no harm and I probably deserved it. I didn't
    become an admin for ego, I did it to help out, not only policing the servers but helping
    to support their costs (and hopefully get their tick rate upgraded?).

This incident wasn't a personal attack on another admin nor did I abuse my powers
    concerning the circumstances. As far as I'm concerned, I see the opposite happening.
    A player getting preferential treatment to avoid punishment for an act they openly admit
    doing because they're an admin.

I'd also like to mention that I never saw an apology from Rape to those he TK'd as
    he mentions in the above post, nor did others that were on when Zero and Rape came
    on after the unban. I was intently watching the text chat throughout, responding to Zero,
    so I doubt I missed it. Rape was more concerned with getting an apology for himself.