Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Solution to spaming 1 on map votes?

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Jeimuzu View Post
    Admin Rule #4: Make your own map votes, don't leave it up to the random voter.
    J, they don't get it so don't bother explaining =/
    One cannot improve if they cannot see their mistakes!

If you can't do it right, Don't bother!

DeadEyeDeNNi$ <ibis.a>

2. Default

About 80% of the map votes made by the random map vote suck so I just go ahead and make my own votes.

The one spam isn't really that much of a problem because most of the time people want a different map.

3. Default

still, most of the time the random map votes comes out towards the end, the most intense time, and ppl will spam 1 to avoid, i still think that 1 should be an empty vote and if 1 is still spammed, the second most voted thing will be taken...
    admins changing map = ignoring the votes of those who chose smthn else.
    even if admin made own map vote, it is subjective and 1 spammers will still vote a map up, when most others might want to play another better map...

i say we do as mentionned, either have 1= none and take second best if 1 is spammed
    or 1= freeze, burn or blind or a time-(bomb, freeze, burn, or smthn... )
    at least accidental 1 spammers can have a decent chance of killing someone and not just slay...
    that AND STILL doing our own map votes or map changes...

and mikey? its not trying to avoid admining work...its just a way to be smoother than changing maps when a bad or overplayed map has been spammed which might force us for poll votes when the game is being played and having to change map after soemone got a score of 5+ or smthn for nthn...be fair.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by BladeTwinSwords View Post
    About 80% of the map votes made by the random map vote suck so I just go ahead and make my own votes.

The one spam isn't really that much of a problem because most of the time people want a different map.
    also...some maps REALLY need to be filtered out soon... some of them are NEVER played and despised...get rid of them!"