Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Soultions

Default Soultions

It is pretty simple. iv been playing sober this week and noticed alot of things most dont recognize as we sit here and attempt to figure out a solution to make the servers a better, less stressful place.

Favoritism needs to stop

all this "but he is a regular he can get away with it"

or, "omfg a girl playing css, give them a crown"

is ridiculous.

i challenge all the admins to do what iv been doing the last few days, and take corrective action for any rule breaking that goes on. you will be surprised at how much work it really is.

2. Smile Nice

Good stuff Mikey!

3. Default

Unless you're an admin I'll probably slap/mute you regardless of your status if you A.) Break my barricade, or B.) Are a feeble minded child with a mic.

(Of course, if you blatantly just come up, look at me, and thrown a grenade to be a douche.. Then I'll see you next week.)

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeimuzu View Post
    Unless you're an admin I'll probably slap/mute you regardless of your status if you A.) Break my barricade, or B.) Are a feeble minded child with a mic.

(Of course, if you blatantly just come up, look at me, and thrown a grenade to be a douche.. Then I'll see you next week.)
    i say cade break is auto ban regardless, i mean ive had a guy "accidentally" shoot my cade. so, i complained about it and hes like "lolumad?" i was like "FUCK YEAH IM MAD YOU DUMB CUNT, DONT FUCKING BREAK MY CADE" and he gets away with it because there was "no proof" my ass, i mean how is an admin supposed to demo and spec every player to watch for this shit? its ridiculous

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_MikeyRevile View Post
    It is pretty simple. iv been playing sober this week and noticed alot of things most dont recognize as we sit here and attempt to figure out a solution to make the servers a better, less stressful place.

Favoritism needs to stop

all this "but he is a regular he can get away with it"

or, "omfg a girl playing css, give them a crown"

is ridiculous.

i challenge all the admins to do what iv been doing the last few days, and take corrective action for any rule breaking that goes on. you will be surprised at how much work it really is.
    you're full of shit micky. the regulars make the servers fun and interesting. yes, don't put up w/ blatant rule-breaking...but neither must you be a nazi.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by hallwagner View Post
    i say cade break is auto ban regardless, i mean ive had a guy "accidentally" shoot my cade. so, i complained about it and hes like "lolumad?" i was like "FUCK YEAH IM MAD YOU DUMB CUNT, DONT FUCKING BREAK MY CADE" and he gets away with it because there was "no proof" my ass, i mean how is an admin supposed to demo and spec every player to watch for this shit? its ridiculous
    Tell me, I'll certainly freeze them. Banning is a bit harsh though. You need to remember, not all people who cade break are bad. The ones I don't like are the ones who don't listen, but if you, an offender, respond to me with modest respect and acknowledge what you're doing wrong, you'll become an instant favorite.

I know DJ Mike is saying "Don't have favorites," but if you don't have people you can trust, say even other admins, then it makes your life a lot difficult. Witnesses help on many occasions, and although I find this method helpful for when I'm the only admin on in ZM with 39 other people, it may not work the same way for other admins.

Favorite for me does not mean "Oh, they can break the rules I don't care," it means they're someone who is worthwhile as a player, a regular, and a witness. But I don't go and instantly ban someone for 7 days because someone says they broke someones cade!.. Unless it's H0B0, then I ban them for 40 years.

I miss you Hobo.. D=

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    you're full of shit micky. the regulars make the servers fun and interesting. yes, don't put up w/ blatant rule-breaking...but neither must you be a nazi.
    I agree that regulars make the server interesting. When I was playing a few nights ago with Res, Hobo, and various other old-school regulars, it was a blast. We've all mastered the game but we find entertainment through the various interactions and situations that occur during the gameplay. I may not be one for socializing, but regardless, that is what we do here. The community makes the game, and IBIS has a wonderful community of people I've come to know and respect.

There are times that these people leave, but most return. I know things may not last forever, but I enjoy the things that have no known purpose.. Otherwise they would really have no purpose at all.

Also, no need to be disrespectful Aku.
    Last edited by Jeimuzu; 07-29-2010 at 11:38 AM.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Jeimuzu View Post
    Tell me, I'll certainly freeze them.
    yeah, zm you really can't go by the "didn't see it, can't do anything" mantra. it's just too confuseing
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.

so you are saying it is alright for regulars to encourage other players into breaking rules.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_MikeyRevile View Post
    so you are saying it is alright for regulars to encourage other players into breaking rules.
    no, just that you shoudn't be a nazi

10. Default

no, just that you shoudn't be a nazi
    stop being a fat obnoxious troll