Thread: Jailbreaking

1. Default Jailbreaking

"Thanks to a set of rules issued yesterday by the Librarian of Congress, you can now jailbreak and unlock your cellular phone without violating copyright law" - Money Talk News.

Ok, so I don't own an iPhone, because I'm going with the droid, but I read a lot about jailbreaking the iPhone out of curiosity.

Upon reading a lot of the articles, I saw that jailbreaking an iTouch is possible...my question is ... What would be the benefit of jailbreaking an iTouch?

I understand that jailbreaking an iPhone and then Unlocking it would be beneficial to cellular users to use it on a different network, but so far the only advantage I see to jailbreaking an iTouch is basically the only aspect that is still illegal; that is getting apps that would not normally work or for free. So anyone care to tell me what good jailbreaking an iTouch would do? I'm curious and thinking about trying it if it is beneficial enough.

If you were a beautiful sound in the echos all around, I'd be your harmony.

2. Default

Jailbreaking is what makes the iPhone an okay phone to use, and somewhat acceptable by me. The main purpose for it is so that you can customize the phone to make it your own, rather than a piece of shit brick.

It allows for installing of applications that you would normally have to pay for, mainly. Themes, skins, animated wallpapers, games, etc... There are tons of jailbreak communities that you can seek tips and tricks, mod lists, etc. from as well.

Basically, Apple is a piece of shit, and only somewhat decent once you jailbreak their products.

You can do much more after "rooting" Androids, though. Much, much, much more.

P.S.: Fuck Apple, in their penguin fucking ass.

P.S.S.: Who cares if it's illegal, as long as you know what you're doing and don't brick the shit out of it you'll be fine.

P.S.S.S.: Don't be a pussy.
    Last edited by Sin; 07-29-2010 at 07:14 AM.

4) Use admin privileges sparingly and appropriately.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by XX0wnsXY View Post
    "Thanks to a set of rules issued yesterday by the Librarian of Congress, you can now jailbreak and unlock your cellular phone without violating copyright law" - Money Talk News.

Ok, so I don't own an iPhone, because I'm going with the droid, but I read a lot about jailbreaking the iPhone out of curiosity.

Upon reading a lot of the articles, I saw that jailbreaking an iTouch is possible...my question is ... What would be the benefit of jailbreaking an iTouch?

I understand that jailbreaking an iPhone and then Unlocking it would be beneficial to cellular users to use it on a different network, but so far the only advantage I see to jailbreaking an iTouch is basically the only aspect that is still illegal; that is getting apps that would not normally work or for free. So anyone care to tell me what good jailbreaking an iTouch would do? I'm curious and thinking about trying it if it is beneficial enough.
    I think you already pretty much figured it out.....Main reason for the ipod touch is for customization and free apps. So go ahead and jailbreak it. What the worse that could happen? If bricked just reset to factory and try again.

4. Default

pretty much what sin said. hes stephen hawkings left nut so he knows a lot about these things. apple does suck. the only thing i like of apple is the iphone.

this is probably obvious but back up your itouch before you jailbreak.

"if the futures been drawn out theres no point in living." sksk
    Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    within the ruins remins me of a somewhat harder bullet for my valentine