Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Gore Mod causing intense lag

Quote Originally Posted by A Baby View Post
    I wouldn't say gore mod causes lag, I don't have any issues with lag or fps lag. The gore mod though seems to have caused a ton of choke. I have had times where the choke has reached 60 - and yes my rates are set perfectly. It never had this much choke when there wasn't gore mod. So, I am assuming it has to be some-what related to the mod. Maybe I am incorrect, although, I don't see anything wrong on my side; rates are set correctly, internet connection has no loss, 50Mbps download connection with maybe 1ms jitter. I dunno, I am just saying I wouldn't mind seeing gore mod removed.
    yea i also find it distracting as hell seeing people fucking explode. i need to concentrate during gg, and gore mod does not help at all with that

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Although I still plan to make changes to it the lag should be gone due to sv_forcepreload 1 being set. With it set to 0 slow computer "should" lag the first time there is blood such as on the first HS.
    I'm still having severe lag after playing more than 2 maps in a row. My computer is rather high-end, and I am not new to building my own rigs. Not sure what else to tell you, but I had no issues prior to the installation of Gore Mod. Unless you modified something besides that on the server's settings, that's the only source I can identify.

I'm just asking for a little vote about it. It's not a necessity gameplay-wise, and is more problematic than it's worth.

I know all server-based decisions are going to be determined by Zero, and it's not a democratic process, but it would be nice to be able to play at my favorite Gungame server more than 30 minutes a day.

3. Default

agreed with Jorf, no one wants the gore mod, have yet to listen to anyone on GG that likes it, why keep it, just because it's cool??

If it aint broke, don't fix it, server was fine as it was.

At least take a vote on whether or not to keep it.

4. Default

I don't see how goremod is making you people lag.

I never lag on gg except for at the end of the round or at other random times, which isn't often.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    I don't see how goremod is making you people lag.

I never lag on gg except for at the end of the round or at other random times, which isn't often.
    In agreement, I do not see how it is making others lag. Although, on the contrary, the server has become less stable with the introduction of this mod.

So, whether or not it makes you, or I lag; isn't the point. The point is, other people really want it removed; a vote isn't going to hurt. Maybe it's a lot of work for it to be removed, but at least people will be happy with the removal of this mod.

Either way, I agree that it should be taken out; there's my two cents.
    Wahhh, you're a hacker! Wahh!!!