Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: need help with mac

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by XxMastagunzxX View Post
    One reason he should buy a pc is because if he buys a mac I will punch him in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Gimp is what I use on windows....

Also if he hates money that much he can paint it white so it is just like a mac.
    hes going to be using it for school and gaming.

i showed him what you posted earlier and im sure hes going with a pc now lol ty

"if the futures been drawn out theres no point in living." sksk
    Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    within the ruins remins me of a somewhat harder bullet for my valentine

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbear View Post
    GIMP can't touch CS5 in terms of capability, or performance. And before you say it runs faster it your pentium4, remember that PERFORMING isnt the same as GOING FAST. You have to be able to get things done, and CS5 can do more things.

Also: the newest Mac stuff runs on the same hardware PCs do, including pentium processors, albeit a generation behind the enthusiast offerings. I don't think you can even buy a mac with a GTX480, but i havent browsed in a while. The OS is more stable only because the software for is developed by the same company that makes the computer, ensuring compatibility. If Adobe made computers, everyone would buy them for premier, CS5, elements and flash would always run great. But since the best software is going to be made for the largest market, its easier for you (and cheaper) to build (or buy) a PC.

And besides! You can always go buy a copy of OSX and dualboot it, although making a hackintosh isn't quite as easy as dualbooting some flavor of linux
    Even with the same hardware (same physical computer) mac benchmarks and performs slower.

Here is also a test with HL2 showing the performance difference: http://www.anandtech.com/show/3759/m...r-than-windows

3. Default

because if you get a mac then people will make fun of him!

4. Default

fuck macs

Maynard - The WCS Guy

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    fuck macs
    Nawdawg, you mean fuck apple.

Quote Originally Posted by mastercheff View Post
    Nawdawg, you mean fuck apple.
    no, fuck you

I have 2 macs - 24'' iMac and a 15'' Macbook Pro, and I game, design and play on both flawlessly. I have also owned multiple custom made computers, an alienware laptop, and 4 dell's...and the Mac's take the cake any day of the year. Not to mention, the new MAC's are being ran with the same hardware as some of the top PC's now...

lol @ whoever said that PC's were more user friendly than a MAC.

I bet you $100 that all of the people that have talked down on MAC in this thread have yet to own one, and that is all I have to say.
    Last edited by Tragedy; 08-02-2010 at 09:46 AM.

8. Default

I don't see how a mac uses Autocad better, considering I have the program on this laptop and it works perfectly fine.

Autocad sucks compared to Revit anyway.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tragedy View Post
    I have 2 macs - 24'' iMac and a 15'' Macbook Pro, and I game, design and play on both flawlessly. I have also owned multiple custom made computers, an alienware laptop, and 4 dell's...and the Mac's take the cake any day of the year. Not to mention, the new MAC's are being ran with the same hardware as some of the top PC's now...

lol @ whoever said that PC's were more user friendly than a MAC.

I bet you $100 that all of the people that have talked down on MAC in this thread have yet to own one, and that is all I have to say.
    well what he wants to be able to do is play css, do school work, and use the internet. i was thinking that a mac may be alright for him since he has the money to get one and he isnt really looking to do upgrades and all that stuff. i agree with your last statement too.

"if the futures been drawn out theres no point in living." sksk
    Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    within the ruins remins me of a somewhat harder bullet for my valentine

Quote Originally Posted by uuntiltheendd View Post
    well what he wants to be able to do is play css, do school work, and use the internet. i was thinking that a mac may be alright for him since he has the money to get one and he isnt really looking to do upgrades and all that stuff. i agree with your last statement too.

Yeah...and they make a Microsoft Office 2008 made specifically for a Mac so school work is no problem. Not to mention, it's rare that a Mac is going to freeze up during school work and make you lose all your progress. I play CSS, WoW and Starcraft II on my Macs at full graphics and I don't have any glitches or lag during gameplay. Plus, as long as he gets the i5, i7 or whatever the 3rd option is, he will be on top of things for a long time (4gb ram, 1tb HDD, 512mb graphics, 3.0ghz+ processors...etc). Both of my macs are 3 years old and I still run everything, including new games...flawlessly. Oh, and some of the new Macs include an option to add the umm...express port or whatever to add higher graphics cards on top of the 512 they already have. Heck, he doesn't even have to upgrade for multiple years if he gets the top of the line when he first buys. Even new games that are out require very little out of a Mac to run well, and I doubt that anything will be released in the near future (5 years) that is going to be fucking INSANE and not be able to run on a top of the line Mac of today.

Oh and you don't have to stay on top of spyware, malware, virus protection and a lack of updates when there are glitches in a PC. I have yet to do anything to my Macs in 3 years and my computer turns on in less than 20 seconds and all programs including internet all run amazingly fast.

Also...if he gets a Mac, make sure he orders on the www.apple.com website and go to the STORE > REFURBISHED section. Both of mine are refurbished and were about $400 off the retail price. :-)