Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: need help with mac

1. Default need help with mac

not really but my friend wants to buy one and im trying to dissuade him from it. i know there have been vids in the mega video thread and possibly other threads on why pcs are better than macs but i doubt i will find what im looking for.

so could anybody give me the reasons why a pc would be much better than a mac so i can enlighten my friend.

vids would be cool too. ty.

"if the futures been drawn out theres no point in living." sksk
    Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    within the ruins remins me of a somewhat harder bullet for my valentine

Quote Originally Posted by uuntiltheendd View Post
    not really but my friend wants to buy one and im trying to dissuade him from it. i know there have been vids in the mega video thread and possibly other threads on why pcs are better than macs but i doubt i will find what im looking for.

so could anybody give me the reasons why a pc would be much better than a mac so i can enlighten my friend.

it really depends on what he wants do use the computer for. if he wants to game, he should definitely get a pc. if he wants to do some artsy shit like photo-editing or something, then he should get a mac. idk if this is still true, but macs dont get nearly as many viruses and are easier to maintain, and also more reliable

3. Default

Here is how it goes down, anything you can do I can do better. Why because I am not on a Mac. There is nothing that a Mac can do that a pc can not do but there are so many things that a pc can do that they are too numerous to list. In addition while mac is marketed to perform some "special" tasks, in almost all cases the windows system does them all better. Why, well for the same $$ the windows system is way more powerful.

The only and I mean ONLY reason to have a mac is that they require virtually no maintenance to maintain. They are made for a retarded a epileptic monkey with alzheimers. If that does not describe you than there is no reason to use it. Your grandmother yes but not you.

Another example is that a mac is like a golf cart. Sure it goes around but do not plan to do anything too fast or anything too crazy. they do not require a lot of care however in the case of the mac they are the most expensive form of transportation.

Now windows is more like an SUV except in this case it is actually cheaper than a golf cart by a factor of two. So for way less money you get something that has a lot more options and power and can pretty much go where ever you want. However being a more powerful vehicle you need to do regular maintenance and a bit more care than you would with just a golf cart.

Also linux is like a space ship that can travel though time and is free. Yes if you do not use it correctly the fate of the universe could be in a very bad place.

im assuming your friend knows nothing about computers if he is seriously considering wasting money on a mac.

plain and simple windows is way more user friendly for those noobs who know nothing about computers.

i would have him read this, then when he chooses to go with a PC set him up with AVG and other stuff so he doesn't get him self fucked with a blue screen

http://forums.cnet.com/5208-6126_102...hreadID=105691

5. Default

yeah, if your friend wants image-editing, have him get linux. The GIMP is far more advanced than photoshop ever hopes to be
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

6. Default

Gimp is what I use on windows....

Also if he hates money that much he can paint it white so it is just like a mac.

Quote Originally Posted by uuntiltheendd View Post

One reason he should buy a pc is because if he buys a mac I will punch him in the face.
    I fucking love music
    Rip Paul Gray

-----------------------
    Server rules
    TOS
    How to report admin abuse
    How to find hackers

Quote Originally Posted by XxMastagunzxX View Post
    One reason he should buy a pc is because if he buys a mac I will punch him in the face.
    chuck norris speaks

9. Default

Yeah, if he is using the Mac for art (mainly photography more and graphic designing second) and engineering projects with AutoCad and blahblahblah, then that is his best bet. My old roommate who is plastic engineer needs her Mac... so it's also by what they are using it for.

มวยไทย
    Got a blister? Ibuprofen. Can't feel from your waist down? Ibuprofen. Got a spider bite? Ibuprofen. - SPC S-Rod & Me

10. Default

GIMP can't touch CS5 in terms of capability, or performance. And before you say it runs faster it your pentium4, remember that PERFORMING isnt the same as GOING FAST. You have to be able to get things done, and CS5 can do more things.

Also: the newest Mac stuff runs on the same hardware PCs do, including pentium processors, albeit a generation behind the enthusiast offerings. I don't think you can even buy a mac with a GTX480, but i havent browsed in a while. The OS is more stable only because the software for is developed by the same company that makes the computer, ensuring compatibility. If Adobe made computers, everyone would buy them for premier, CS5, elements and flash would always run great. But since the best software is going to be made for the largest market, its easier for you (and cheaper) to build (or buy) a PC.

And besides! You can always go buy a copy of OSX and dualboot it, although making a hackintosh isn't quite as easy as dualbooting some flavor of linux