Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: IBIS.A GROUP on steam anyone?

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_MikeyRevile View Post
    i strongly recommend not using this clan tag thing just yet, at least until they fix all the bugs. one bug being that when ever someone with a clan tag joins a server randomly some who are not a part of that group or clan show up with that clan tag. there was a few people last night who had the ibis.a tag in front of there name but were not admins or in the group at all, one of them was freaking out cause he thought he would get banned and didnt know how to fix it lolz

i do not recommend we use this system just yet

and like aco said, the tag does not show up in chat or when using a mic.
    Yes mikey, i cant believe im actually saying this ,but you're right for once about that bug, yesterday i had to go on to GG to request from ppl that were glitched with the ibis.A tag bug to remove it. Yet its not that hard to remove it , it takes a split sec IF they are coping...and if they arent coping well... its just as if they added the tag itself to their name and not changing it...

But i do agree about the bug thing, i leave this call to zero, as this group tag idea is still in its INITIATION process and will need to be slowly tweeked to our preferences.

PROS and CONS of group tag instead of name tag:

PROS:
    - more space in name
    - creates a group for admin that is INVITE ONLY which will
    - help support the admin community
    - restrict the usage of the Ibis.A tag in the NAMES which any noob can add and impersonate admins.
    - players dont have to search within a fucked up name for the ibis.a tag as it shows to left most of the tab screen.
    - zero, clan members, and me (for now) will have the privilege of restricting Ibis.A tag usage on a player from the group, or kick them from there if they are no longer admin, thus giving more control on who is wearing the tags and how they are using it
    (yes MIKEY, being drunk as shit and ruining everyone's game DOES count.)

CONS:
    - The only major con i think of right now is the glitch in the game, that SHOULD be fixed hopefully soon as many ppl have complained about it before. With the fix in order, we can safely assume that all people that can have the ibis.A tag are those SPECIFICALLY added to the group.
    - This con is majorly for me and the group officers, and its that we have to monitor the the player usage of the tag, i.e stay up to date on who is admin and who is not. HOWEVER, i believe it would be easier for zero and officers to remove a person from a group or restrict their tag usage (if temporary non-admin) than to be forced to follow through monitoring their tag usage and forcing them to stop using it... The same work can be done more easily since zero can automatically tell who hasnt paid admin or smthn and come on the group and restrict tag, instead of argueing with the admin itself... => more control.
    - Also, the process of inviting all the admins can be tidious. Yet it can be avoided by adding me on my steam profile in post above.
    - Sometimes an admin might forget to turn the tag on or off (via the options menu) when on duty or not, and this might get them in trouble. Yet it is the same as having the ibis.A tag in one's name, EACH PERSON CARRIES RESPONSABILITY OF THEIR OWN TAG USAGE!

correct me if am wrong people, or add to the pros and cons, but until we know what to do, keep adding me on my profile, thanks...
    Cyber <ibis.A)
    Last edited by CYBER; 08-03-2010 at 10:44 AM.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by [usn]scribble[nuke] View Post
    I'll stick to the tag on the end of my name. Considering ibis.a isn't a clan, why should I have it in the clan tag section?
    yes, ibis.a is NOT a clan , and is not impersonating a clan or seperating from IBIS.
    it is a GROUP, and unfortunately the column where u put tags is only called clan on the tab page, but the tag itself would symbolize the ibis admin followers.
    It will give us admins more consistency and root, as we are not clan members, yet we do work for the server just as much as any clan member WITHIN GAME would do...and also deserve to be recognized as ibis FOLLOWERS everywhere and not some random players with a meaningless bunch of letters in their name, as we cannot state that we are part of the ibis clan, but its "community."
    please comment if u still think it's not right?

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    well fuck you then
    lol, i havent played on zombies for 3 months just for THAT reason, players cant fucking make their goddamn mind as to how severe they want us to be...plus zombies requires more admining i suppose...

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Jeimuzu View Post
    I thought so at first, but there are two reasons that make your statement invalid.

If they use chat and speak using @, it will say (ADMIN).

If you open tab, you can see the <ibis.a> tag.

The reason they created the group was to create more room in their names, for whatever reason. However, I do like the idea that it is invite only, as it creates a way for those who know about it to contact other admins in the event that they need assistance.
    +1
    thanks james for ur points, i couldnt have said it better myself (i tried and failed:P).

Also, i found it better in a sense that if i were admining on a server and smthn fucked up happened in the server , or i cant seem to make the right decision about someone like a hacker or smthn, that i can go onto the group and have a wide selections of admins WHICH I CAN TELL IF THEY ARE ONLINE OR NOT, in order to request assistance, instead of hoping that my friends list has an admin on (not all admins are friend listed) and that is available, or having to wait here for a late reply...
    this will come handy for the noob admins or the newly joined ones to request assistance from more experiences admins or even clan members (as they will be part of the group in order to monitor it without wearing the ibis.A tag, but their own IBIS one.)

5. Default

the group is fine. in fact i've thought we should have some system like that for a long while now.

but the tag thing is one of the single most retarded things i've ever heard. it ranks up there with making people use their steamFriends name in-game or anything that nemesis says.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    the group is fine. in fact i've thought we should have some system like that for a long while now.

but the tag thing is one of the single most retarded things i've ever heard. it ranks up there with making people use their steamFriends name in-game or anything that nemesis says.
    so true bro. but might as well exploit the retardedness of the tag feature to our benefit.
    personally i find the most retard thing they made is having the in-game name the same as the steam name...everytime i wanna play a diff game i have to change my name.... and tracking noobs is harder now, since they usually try to disguise themselves as some other in game name when they rejoin yet we could still notice their general steam name... also this is sometimes forcing us to BAN people with fucked up , raciist or sexist or wtvr names such as ppl wearing the ibis.A tag, instead of giving us the luxury to change it ...

7. Default

why don't you lazy assholes just type ma_admins? Are you fucking for real? Are you literally banning people with sexist and fucked up names? You might as well ban everyone right now. The clan feature is stupid. It's a fucking tag not a clan tag.

มวยไทย
    Got a blister? Ibuprofen. Can't feel from your waist down? Ibuprofen. Got a spider bite? Ibuprofen. - SPC S-Rod & Me

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by loka View Post
    why don't you lazy assholes just type ma_admins? Are you fucking for real? Are you literally banning people with sexist and fucked up names? You might as well ban everyone right now. The clan feature is stupid. It's a fucking tag not a clan tag.
    ...incredibly, i think that's a +1 from me. we don't need any type of exclusive marking like the clan system in css. the normal name-version's fine. it looks better, and it's more visible during game. plus, ma_admins exists for a reason.

that said, the ibis admin group is a good idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

9. Default

The only good idea about this, other than the obvious super admins best friends club, is that it will help players get an admin quick when one is needed. Say a server has troublesome players and there are no admins around. Oh wait a minute. Did I see a link earlier in the chat box that said,

"Need help and there are no admins around? Check out our local Admin club to see if one is available. <link>"

10. Default

someone invite me i dont wanna have to look it up