Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Banned for being good?

1. Default

hey all... just skimming through this forum while i eat lunch here at work...

not to go against anything that has been said... since everyone here is talking about cal... i thought i'd share my opinion having played several years and leading a few teams as well.

you dont always have to see someone running behind a box to shoot it, all maps have places where people will always go and hide behind... when you play in pubs especially... certain people like to camp certain places... if you play a map enough, you will know positioning of body/head/etc... believe it or not, some poeple practice their asses off finding places where you can shoot through, and diff places to aim at through boxes as this can come in handy.

i'll check the demos later, but its not uncommon to unload several bullets into a box where you know people like to hide(or with an awp, shoot a couple bullets where peoples heads may be hiding).

again this is just my opinion as it may change after i view the demos.

p.s. walter, rofl they are raggin on u.
    i feel bad

PEW PEW PEW™

2. Default

i agree with turtles, i have seen several ppl playing on empty servers finding camp spots/ ways to wall them effectively just so they have taht extra edge. however, i am not an experienced anti cheat admin so my opinion doesnt really matter haha

3. Default

I agree on not agreeing.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by I LIKE TURTLES View Post
    hey all... just skimming through this forum while i eat lunch here at work...

not to go against anything that has been said... since everyone here is talking about cal... i thought i'd share my opinion having played several years and leading a few teams as well.

you dont always have to see someone running behind a box to shoot it, all maps have places where people will always go and hide behind... when you play in pubs especially... certain people like to camp certain places... if you play a map enough, you will know positioning of body/head/etc... believe it or not, some poeple practice their asses off finding places where you can shoot through, and diff places to aim at through boxes as this can come in handy.

i'll check the demos later, but its not uncommon to unload several bullets into a box where you know people like to hide(or with an awp, shoot a couple bullets where peoples heads may be hiding).

again this is just my opinion as it may change after i view the demos.

p.s. walter, rofl they are raggin on u.
    i feel bad
    I was thinking the exact same thing. I shoot at spots in dust2 or office where I know people like to camp. It is, after all, a pub server and there will always be players camping in the obvious spots. I wouldn't assume people hack or ghost just because they have the presence of mind to shoot commonly camped out areas. I also haven't watched the demo though, so maybe it's blatant, but just my $0.02.

5. Default

personally, I do that also, however, I usually can't guess that accurately which means it my take me a few shots. rarely will I make the first shot. check the accuracy, that may shed some light on the box situation. I've played in all the competitive leagues also, and they don't guess 1st shots every try. I also haven't watched te demos, but if this guy was getting accurate shots on every box...
    my humble opinion.

6. Default

Unbanned, this user was not shown to be wall hacking. If he had wall hacks for one he would have been able to get those kills while he was awping the doors. In addition I suggest you guys watch the demos in live and slow-mo. I would also recommend turning wireframe on and off. I replayed the parts that people were questing in here mutiple times with and with out walls and at different speeds. It is clear on reaction time alone that he was only reacting to what visibility existed or to what his allies showed him by what they where shooting at or via their deaths that are shown on the radar.