Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Windows OS thread

1. Default Windows OS thread

Alright so I have Windows 7 32bit.... thing is I have 8 gigs of ram, and that's only supported in 64bit.

Question: Can I upgrade to 64bit for free ? if so can I just torrent it ? or can I get it from Windows itself ?

Also: General Windows Discussion thread.

2. Default

Unless you bought OEM, your windows disk should have 64bit on the other side.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by StarsMine View Post
    Unless you bought OEM, your windows disk should have 64bit on the other side.
    Fuck I don't know where it is ;_;

Also: What's OEM ?

OEM = Original Equipment from Manufacturer.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Perry View Post
    OEM = Original Equipment from Manufacturer.
    I got my whole rig from a company that built it with the parts that I asked for. So would OEM apply to that ? Also, it did come with a bunch of discs, I'll look for them.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    I got my whole rig from a company that built it with the parts that I asked for. So would OEM apply to that ? Also, it did come with a bunch of discs, I'll look for them.
    If they built it with those parts why in hells name is it running 32bit?

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

whoever made a custom computer running on 32bit is a fucking retard.

8. Default

Unless the custom rig had <4gb of ram. However any one that makes a computer with =>4gb is stupid and should NEVER be allowed near a computer.

You can install 64bit but you will half to reformat. I am actually doing the same thing next week so I can add another 3gb of ram.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Unless the custom rig had <4gb of ram. However any one that makes a computer with =>4gb is stupid and should NEVER be allowed near a computer.

You can install 64bit but you will half to reformat. I am actually doing the same thing next week so I can add another 3gb of ram.
    Fuuuuck, that sounds like a hassle.

10. Default

ultimately, swapping out to 64 bit will be worth the trouble, tons of software is optimized for it nowadays, especially video card drivers