Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Someone banned me kicked most of the server....

1. Default Someone banned me kicked most of the server....

Today, me and another admin Walter were playing island escape and suddenly I see this message saying "You have been kicked and banned". I don't know if walter had anything to do with this but I think it is illegal for and admin to be kicked and even banned?

EDIT: Walter did it by accident, he didn't mean to press the ban button. I guess he was in a hurry.
    Last edited by TheOnlyStory; 08-03-2008 at 12:09 PM.

2. Default

My sincere apologies to whoever was kicked and banned! I made a very bad typo and this resulted in a mass banning; fortunately it was only for 5 minutes. Again i am very sorry, it was an accidental typo. None of who was banned did anything wrong and again i apologize for this.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by walterbrunswick View Post
    My sincere apologies to whoever was kicked and banned! I made a very bad typo and this resulted in a mass banning; fortunately it was only for 5 minutes. Again i am very sorry, it was an accidental typo. None of who was banned did anything wrong and again i apologize for this.
    lmfao... good job bro... u are a ban stick hamer!

4. Default

.. um, if you use the admin menue it would be quiet imposibl to do a mass ban by accident. i sugjest you use it. type "admin" in consol

5. Default

i've got it bind and i've banned 3 of my buddies before by mistake. Tip 1: don't bind the admin menu button near the 'b' key lol.

6. Default

that shouldn't happen again if you do what whyt said and use the menu... like we all do.

7. Default

i did use the menu, i clearly said i got the "menu" binded. and what i did was hit the buy key and accidentally hit the admin menu instead and pressed to buy a a pistol, i pressed four ( or whatever the ban button) hit the next set of keys to buy more guns and supplies. yeah, that ended a quick mass banning. but yeah, it was a short ban (5 mins and my buddies on my friends, no joke). You are more likely to cause a mass banning/kicking by having it binded.

(btw its 3 am and i'm high and i am drunk "

aka, everyone has accidents as admins. dont lie.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by vicious View Post
    i did use the menu, i clearly said i got the "menu" binded. and what i did was hit the buy key and accidentally hit the admin menu instead and pressed to buy a a pistol, i pressed four ( or whatever the ban button) hit the next set of keys to buy more guns and supplies. yeah, that ended a quick mass banning. but yeah, it was a short ban (5 mins and my buddies on my friends, no joke). You are more likely to cause a mass banning/kicking by having it binded.

(btw its 3 am and i'm high and i am drunk "

aka, everyone has accidents as admins. dont lie.

heh I have mine bound to my / key so theres no fuck ups. It's also close enough for a fast slap or mute. i've gotten the player to spec and kick memorized so i just have to sift through the names for the person

9. Default

i seriously doubt that there would be more accidental bans by having admin bind to a key. just put it on a key \ like the guy above said and you should be good to go.

10. Default

did, i got mine binded to same key, its a pretty easy mistake to learn from.