Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Myst!!!!!!

1. Default

holy shit i loved myst!

that game came out when i was like, 6 or so. it sold more CD-ROM drives than any other game in history. when my folks brought it home, i'd sit next to the computer and we'd play it as a family, and i helped solve the puzzles and shit. then we did the same for Riven, and Exile...

we used to play all sorts of adventure games together. stars said this was Real Myst? is it a direct port, or did they fix anything? because real myst was fucking incredible.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

used to play it on playstation, now i play it occasionaly when i am really high because the graphics are like PACHOW

3. Default

funny, I said in a earlier post that I had in fact played an adventure game once before, way back in the day (play station era) and it was riven Lol... I was looking at the screen pics on steam and I remember some of them. I bought it, but was wondering if it matters if I play riven before I play myst? is 1 better then the other? am I screwing myself by playing riven first?

Maynard - The WCS Guy

Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    funny, I said in a earlier post that I had in fact played an adventure game once before, way back in the day (play station era) and it was riven Lol... I was looking at the screen pics on steam and I remember some of them. I bought it, but was wondering if it matters if I play riven before I play myst? is 1 better then the other? am I screwing myself by playing riven first?
    nope, doesnt really matter. theres basically no clear story lines in myst/riven. thats what makes it sooo cool as a mysterious game that u never have any real idea what the fuck is going on when ur playing it

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    Well Riven is considered the hardest of all the myst games. as for the story, The back story is just finding Artus and not saving the brothers who have been corrupted. There isnt much of a story in myst but an amazing environment to look though and a deep back story that really has no impact on the gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

you guys still gotta try torrins passage!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torin%27s_Passage

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by hallwagner View Post
    you guys still gotta try torrins passage!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torin%27s_Passage
    D: its 16bit

I dont have a floppy drive either to install my windows 3.x on DosBox

Quote Originally Posted by StarsMine View Post
    D: its 16bit

I dont have a floppy drive either to install my windows 3.x on DosBox
    yea i dont know how much trouble im willing to go through to play it. my dad might still have his ibm with windows 95 on it tho, gawd that'll be such a blast from the past *gasp

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by hallwagner View Post
    yea i dont know how much trouble im willing to go through to play it. my dad might still have his ibm with windows 95 on it tho, gawd that'll be such a blast from the past *gasp
    I can get the Dos version to run just fine, but I have found most games that have two versions, the dos is cut down alot, IDK about this game though.

What you can do is to Emulate 16bit on the XP virtual machine... but -.- I dont have Windows 7 pro or ultimate,(If you dont have a core series CPU you have to use VMlight instead of Microsoft's solution) and I failed with Wine on some of the apps I was trieng to use. But this is highly inefficient.

As you can tell I spent a shit load of waisted time to get 16bit to run, but ultimitly failed.

Quote Originally Posted by StarsMine View Post
    I can get the Dos version to run just fine, but I have found most games that have two versions, the dos is cut down alot, IDK about this game though.

What you can do is to Emulate 16bit on the XP virtual machine... but -.- I dont have Windows 7 pro or ultimate,(If you dont have a core series CPU you have to use VMlight instead of Microsoft's solution) and I failed with Wine on some of the apps I was trieng to use. But this is highly inefficient.

As you can tell I spent a shit load of waisted time to get 16bit to run, but ultimitly failed.
    meh im just gonna try it on my dads old computer, alot easier, and ALOT more entertaining. although im guessing i'll find it hard to use windows 95 again