Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Video Project Help Needed

1. Default Video Project Help Needed

Jeeze, I've been looking at craigslist so much even my threads sound like job postings..

Anyway! I use WeGame to record videos of times spent in video games for the 'Lulz' and my game happened to crash after recording the most inspiring video I have ever seen in my life. I apparently have the video but since I didn't stop recording it didn't finish encoding.

I've tried Divfix++, AVI Medic, AVI ReComp, and some other things that did absolutely fucking nothing. Checked the WeGame help and they only gave me an email to request for additional help, which I can almost guarantee they'll be about as helpful as smacking my head against a brick wall.. Then again if it kills me it would end up being more helpful than WeGame.

I don't know where to turn at this point.. My experience is limited and I haven't had to deal with much technical things regarding video editing/making, so I would like to ask for help or tips/hints on how to fix this rather problematic.. Uhh.. Problem..

The video can be sent to you via mediafire.com or MSN if you want to try and work on it as well..

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

2. Default

what's it normally encode to?
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

3. Default

I knew you would be the first one to post here.

It encodes to an AVI file.. No clue if my lingo is right, but that's as much as I know.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Jeimuzu View Post
    I knew you would be the first one to post here.

It encodes to an AVI file.. No clue if my lingo is right, but that's as much as I know.
    AVI isnt a encode type, its a file wrapper, like MKV.
    AVI is usually used with Divx or Xvid, might be one of those

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

AVI eh, open it with windows media player

should open so you can at least watch it

from there you can use windows video editor which is what i use for my vids. If all else fails try copying the file and converting the copy with a Video Converter

Edit: this is assuming you have windows 7 OS

6. Default

Vista.

Every time I use a program to fix the corrupted AVI file I get an "input's movi error" whatever the hell that is.. It doesn't show up ANYWHERE in Google..

Yes, movi.

I wish I just knew a way to finish the encoding process.. But thanks for trying to help Mikey. Obviously I would have had it working if it worked for WMP, VLC, and WMM.. Since, WMM is what I use to edit the videos..

(I've tried Vegas Pro 2009.. Sucks.)

vegas pro is like a retarded child with elephantiasis of the ears.

If you have an external hd start transferring files and reformat to win7 tbh

vista is an abomination.

Edit: from what i understand this will finish encoding or re-encode all together.
    http://www.innoheim.com/iscc.php
    Last edited by DJ_MikeyRevile; 08-07-2010 at 01:44 PM.

8. Default

I used a program called Media Encoder that was able to transcode my videos and get them into a working order. It took me hours to figure it out but finally I got it sorted out.

Go team!

Also, I've never had problems with Vista.

Quote Originally Posted by StarsMine View Post
    AVI isnt a encode type, its a file wrapper, like MKV.
    AVI is usually used with Divx or Xvid, might be one of those
    WeGame finishes encoding (This is their words) videos when you press the Stop Record hotkey. If your game crashes it can't finish the encoding process, leaving your file corrupted and broken. Media Encoder worked when VLC couldn't even play it..

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Jeimuzu View Post
    I used a program called Media Encoder that was able to transcode my videos and get them into a working order. It took me hours to figure it out but finally I got it sorted out.

Go team!

Also, I've never had problems with Vista.

WeGame finishes encoding (This is their words) videos when you press the Stop Record hotkey. If your game crashes it can't finish the encoding process, leaving your file corrupted and broken. Media Encoder worked when VLC couldn't even play it..
    Most "video" files arnt video encodes, they are a wrapper of video and sound. What does WeGames encode as?

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by StarsMine View Post
    Most "video" files arnt video encodes, they are a wrapper of video and sound. What does WeGames encode as?
    No clue.. It's .avi format though..

Define encode.. (Give me a break, I'm still learning D=..)