Thread: Switching player's team by admin command?

1. Default Switching player's team by admin command?

Hey everyone , i'm pretty sure that this might have been discussed before but for the life of me i cant seem to find that thread so sorry about double threading...

Short Question to answer if u;re in a hurry: Can an admin change the other player's team (or their own) at any time in "GG"? (not in the middle of round obviously! i mean at end round?)
    And IF its allowed, do you have to:
    1- get PERMISSION from that player to switch them?
    2- just notify them of switching their team (so that they dnt accidentally team shoot bcos they got confused?)
    3- just change their team without asking as long as it doesn't interfere with their CURRENT active round? and IF they bitch out about it, discuss it with them afterwards calmly?

Reason why i asked (details): The reason am asking this, is that sometimes the teams aren't balanced (i dnt mean by number of players bcos the autobalance kicks in) but i mean by skill levels (many gd players on one team, noobs on other...and a team would be litterally raping the other... or sometimes the map is one sided, and some players need to be re-arranged to be able to play fairly?

... i usually ask a player to confirm or not allowing me to swap their team with someone else....
    But sometimes, the player just either doesnt care or smthn bcos they dnt answer.... can i still change their teams to make the game better? heck even changing MY own team too if i wanted to be on other side? or counts admin abuse (yeah...am starting to think EVERYTHING we do is starting to be called abuse lately...)?

thanks everyone

EDIT: i meant to post this in GG section btw... forgot where section i was in ...thanks...
    Last edited by CYBER; 08-06-2010 at 01:04 PM.

2. Default

I think it depends on your motives. If you're trying to balance teams, absolutely, as long as it doesn't kill the player in the process (ie; they're already dead).
    I don't think you can force someone to play on a specific team, so if they say "I wanna play on CTs for this map", you should respect their wishes and try to teamchange someone else.

Or just say "lols suck it, play this team or get kicked!".

I miss lolsbian. :(
    Kiro : us fireyes got dumb by his girl that y he is suck

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Fireye View Post
    I think it depends on your motives. If you're trying to balance teams, absolutely, as long as it doesn't kill the player in the process (ie; they're already dead).
    I don't think you can force someone to play on a specific team, so if they say "I wanna play on CTs for this map", you should respect their wishes and try to teamchange someone else.

Or just say "lols suck it, play this team or get kicked!".

I miss lolsbian.
    thanks fireeye.
    yeah, like i said, if someone says they want to return to the team, i would just pick someone else, the only thing that would have happened is them playing ONE round against their own team and then back to business i suppose...
    i mean i sometimes join the server, and it forces me to be on T when i wanna be on CT by force of habit, if lets say i change MYSELF to CT, then the autobalance will kick in nxt round and balance players randomly right? so i thought "what would be the difference between autobalance, and selective balance by admin which is at least more controlled?" . the switching happens automatically sometimes and no one bitches about it , so admins "should technically" be able to do the same as long as it doesnt kill the guy.
    thanks for clearing that up.
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

4. Default

admins really need to do something about balancing teams. coz sometimes i think the auto team balancer does not work. like when i was on gg a couple of days ago the teams were 9-7 for 2-4 rounds and i couldnt get no kill, the other team had 2 more players and there was 3 afkers on my team, i ask the admin if he can do something bout it (not going to mention his name, you know who you are) he was like are you kidding me? he was so selfish and i couldnt take it so i just left the server.

5. Default

There is a menu command for balancing the teams w/o selecting anyone specific,(basically an override to auto balance teams) however, if you do make a manual change after the round, be sure to warn said player that he/she has been moved for obvious reasons. No need to ask permission if you are using good judgment for all the right reasons.

admins really need to do something about balancing teams. coz sometimes i think the auto team balancer does not work. like when i was on gg a couple of days ago the teams were 9-7 for 2-4 rounds and i couldnt get no kill, the other team had 2 more players and there was 3 afkers on my team, i ask the admin if he can do something bout it (not going to mention his name, you know who you are) he was like are you kidding me? he was so selfish and i couldnt take it so i just left the server.
    If this needs to be done then it's all manual and I usually take the top two of the high scoring team and the two lowest of the opposing team and switch them and see how that works out as well as balancing the player count. Of course the same warning/explanation is needed.

PS~~This really should be posted under "ADMIN HELP"
    Last edited by DeadEyeDeNNi$; 08-08-2010 at 02:49 PM.
    One cannot improve if they cannot see their mistakes!

If you can't do it right, Don't bother!

DeadEyeDeNNi$ <ibis.a>

6. Default

atleast thats what most of y'all people i know would do..but this stupid admins just dont give a fuck..using admin powers for personal use/help, geez

it aint just the same anymore, it used to be a lot more fun before. damn you'd even see my ass on the server 14/7, but now i barely even come to the server coz everytime i join this mofos admin aint doing or doing too much and it just killed it..gdamn

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by OnEyEdMaN View Post
    atleast thats what most of y'all people i know would do..but this stupid admins just dont give a fuck..using admin powers for personal use/help, geez

it aint just the same anymore, it used to be a lot more fun before. damn you'd even see my ass on the server 14/7, but now i barely even come to the server coz everytime i join this mofos admin aint doing or doing too much and it just killed it..gdamn
    If U have a problem admin wise, make a demo and send it to ZERO in a PM so u don't get beat up
    One cannot improve if they cannot see their mistakes!

If you can't do it right, Don't bother!

DeadEyeDeNNi$ <ibis.a>