Thread: website help

1. Default website help

ok, so my mom makes custom quilts, and this summer i've decided to look into makeing her a website. nothing fancy of course, i'm no grafic designer or anything. it'll probably be just a simple affair, few different pages, pictures of her past quilts, info, pricing stuff etc. the only problem is that i don't know what to make it in. the only website-building experience i ever had was back in middleschool working w/ microsoft Frontpage, and even then we didn't do much (me friend and i decided to make out final project for the class a website about age of empires 2, so we kept playing it to get..."screenshots" to use as website images...)

so yeah, i know i culd make it in notepad++ useing straight html, but i was hopeing for a slightly better option. only limitations, must be free (preferably legal) and if i'd need bitTorrent, i'd prefer it to be linux-compatable (though i could torrent it in useing transmission to the shared drive between my linux and windows logins)

anyone know of any good free website developement programs? split screen view (code bottom, actual site top) would be another plus.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

2. Default

I would hope you weren't that because it's spelled "graphic"... just thought i'd point that out because you are always so critical of everyone else.
    Got pug?
    Quote Originally Posted by hitman
    Hey Shrek take it easy.....why dont you grab your gf Fiona from that pic and just leave?

3. Default

You can use notepad, notepad++ and other line item editors or you can try to use dream weaver but that will not help a lot if you still do not know html. Also there is MS Word, I kid you not. Seriously though I made a simple site based off a friends drawing on a pice of paper that allowed you to buy tickets to his play in about 2 hours.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    You can use notepad, notepad++ and other line item editors or you can try to use dream weaver but that will not help a lot if you still do not know html. Also there is MS Word, I kid you not. Seriously though I made a simple site based off a friends drawing on a pice of paper that allowed you to buy tickets to his play in about 2 hours.
    i have a...slight knowlege of html. and dreamweaver's out of the question because it costs money. i guess notepad++'s the way to go.

and xen, thanks. though i normally am jokeing when i do that, or am just commenting about formatting
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    yea but ms word makes it difficult when you cant line things up Notepad ++ is the best choice.

All that HTML I learned playing neopets long forgotten because I despised there new layout (I think they are still using that shitty layout)

Most websites use PhP howadays anyways, hell neopets isnt even HTML anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

6. Default

I was making a joke about the fact that MS thinks that someone is really going to try to code a website in Word.

Also php is more of a logic language, everything that is seen is still in html even on a php page. The thing you need to know now is CSS scripting for the formatting of the html.

7. Default

Notepad++ <3..

There are some websites where you can create free forums and such, but you wouldn't be able to make anything that you would be able to make money off of. Unless of course you used it to link to Ebay or some other site..

I used to make video game crossover comics with my old friend Chris.. Most of my forums experience comes from there. (Which is why I do such an amazing job here!.. Don't deny it, I'll just delete it.. <.< )

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    ok, so my mom makes grafic designers
    thats cute.
    Quote Originally Posted by EVL_Ripper View Post

Oh and let your mom know I did receive the invitation she sent for your party at Chuck E Cheese tomorrow.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by THE HOLY SH**T! View Post
    thats cute.
    uhh, dude? way to be an ass and skip a bunch of words. go die