ok, so my mom makes custom quilts, and this summer i've decided to look into makeing her a website. nothing fancy of course, i'm no grafic designer or anything. it'll probably be just a simple affair, few different pages, pictures of her past quilts, info, pricing stuff etc. the only problem is that i don't know what to make it in. the only website-building experience i ever had was back in middleschool working w/ microsoft Frontpage, and even then we didn't do much (me friend and i decided to make out final project for the class a website about age of empires 2, so we kept playing it to get..."screenshots" to use as website images...)

so yeah, i know i culd make it in notepad++ useing straight html, but i was hopeing for a slightly better option. only limitations, must be free (preferably legal) and if i'd need bitTorrent, i'd prefer it to be linux-compatable (though i could torrent it in useing transmission to the shared drive between my linux and windows logins)

anyone know of any good free website developement programs? split screen view (code bottom, actual site top) would be another plus.