Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: "Pseudo Idol" STEAM_0:0:695560

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    we all make mistakes now and then bro, just make sure you're like 100% sure the person is in fact hacking, cause it causes a shit ton of grief for people when they're falsely bannd.

if you ever aren't sure if someone is hacking or not, then just post the demo's and ask for other admins input before you take administrative action on the person in question.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry View Post
    wow a noob admin who actually knows he did wrong and tries to fix it?

so far you good in my book tony
    what a refreshing change lol

2. Default

we all make mistakes now and then bro, just make sure you're like 100% sure the person is in fact hacking, cause it causes a shit ton of grief for people when they're falsely bannd.

if you ever aren't sure if someone is hacking or not, then just post the demo's and ask for other admins input before you take administrative action on the person in question.
    what i don't like is how long it takes someone to be unbanned usually. Look at bxcd or w/e that guys name is, its taken like a month for him to be unbanned after a false permaban. No offense to P. Idol, but he isn't even that good. I honestly think if your not that good at cs or your new to cs, you should always post a demo in ban requests, maybe ban the person for like a day or 2 to get them off the server ( you can always permaban through rcon if you were right later). Because if your wrong it takes forever before they can play CS on IBIS again.

That being said, even if the whole server thinks they are hacking, there is still a chance of no hacks, because believe me, I have been accused of hacking by the whole server when I have played a different ID.

Quote Originally Posted by Spasm View Post
    what i don't like is how long it takes someone to be unbanned usually. Look at bxcd or w/e that guys name is, its taken like a month for him to be unbanned after a false permaban. No offense to P. Idol, but he isn't even that good. I honestly think if your not that good at cs or your new to cs, you should always post a demo in ban requests, maybe ban the person for like a day or 2 to get them off the server ( you can always permaban through rcon if you were right later). Because if your wrong it takes forever before they can play CS on IBIS again.

That being said, even if the whole server thinks they are hacking, there is still a chance of no hacks, because believe me, I have been accused of hacking by the whole server when I have played a different ID.
    mike hunt

4. Default

holy fucking shit.

guys, breaked is waiting for zero to manually unban him, since numerous admins and a clanner or two couldn't get it to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    holy fucking shit.

guys, breaked is waiting for zero to manually unban him, since numerous admins and a clanner or two couldn't get it to work.
    took like 2 weeks b4 anyone tried.

6. Default

majority of the time I can over-ride the bans.. but sometimes zero is the only 1 able 2 make the unban possible... ive only seen though like 2-3 people in the past year that I couldn't get unbannd. but yeah, I do admit it's annoying for the person I'm sure.... I guess what I'm trying 2 say is that people should be damn sure when they perma ban someone.... not just have a hunch or feeling the person is hacking. if you perma ban, be damn sure it's warranted so we can avoid clutter on the forums, and problems in general.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

7. Default

It makes me happy tony that you freely admitted that this might have been a mistake, and that Pseudo has skills. You didn't say "he is hacking but I don't have proof." That goes a long way and you get big props in my book for understanding that. I have seen some really skilled players (including watching Sin play from his shoulder) and playing CS for 10 years... people are just that good :P

มวยไทย
    Got a blister? Ibuprofen. Can't feel from your waist down? Ibuprofen. Got a spider bite? Ibuprofen. - SPC S-Rod & Me

8. Default

No offense to P. Idol, but he isn't even that good.
    Ouch dawg

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo Idol View Post
    Ouch dawg
    lol, love playing with ya though, your loads of fun.

10. Default

While I support an admin banning someone "short term" if not sure and bringing it to the table here, I also support being a bit more competence with a keener eye. As above, if not sure consult with another admin online to spec and collaborate opinion then take action, asnd as the rules say if there's a dispute between admins NO action is to be taken.

Demo, collborate, reaccess, rethink, short ban if it appears positive, post for opinions, rinse + repeat

GLK

DED

PS~~BTW did anyone ever tell u that u look like the Numa Numa guy?
    One cannot improve if they cannot see their mistakes!

If you can't do it right, Don't bother!

DeadEyeDeNNi$ <ibis.a>