Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread: WCS Server INFO

1. Default

The stuff you use is more similar to this: http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Special_effects

However using those requires an api that links to the raw engine so for me to be able to use everything I would need to talk directly to the engine: we are talking about literally hours of programing per line. Could literally take days to get working, however I already have run across some cool ideas that may be faster to implement.

More logically I have access to these prebuilt effects:
    http://wiki.alliedmods.net/TempEnts_...od_SDKTools%29
    http://wiki.alliedmods.net/Mod_TempE...t_%28Source%29
    http://wiki.alliedmods.net/SDKTools_...pEnt_Functions

I should point out there may be more temp effects avalable now post OB update but I would need a dump from sm_print_telist
    Last edited by ZERO; 12-09-2010 at 08:10 PM.

2. Default

Succubus Hunter is now in final status but needs some testing on all of its abilities.

It has been virtually totally reprogrammed to work exactly like before. 3 levels per ability except for the ultimate that is 4 levels. Head hunter works exactly like before even granting xp just for damage(if activated)! Cap on heads removed and changed to 25 so that the max health you can spawn with is 100 extra if you have 25 heads. Totem Incantation now works exactly like it always did! Assault Tackle reprogrammed to hopefully make it work exactly like before, code referenced directly from bunny hopping plugins! Cooldown on Assault Tackle removed, yes there was a 3sec cool down and that is why you could not keep hopping! Daemonic Transformation totally reprogrammed to work like before! Replaced crappy coding and method usage to properly handle ending the transformation. Transformation lasts all round, cool down set to 5 like always. The cost of heads is now exactly the same as before.

So that took about 3-4 hours but hopefully there are not any glitches...
    Last edited by ZERO; 12-10-2010 at 03:33 AM.

3. Default

Well there were a lot of glitches but they seem to be fixed now, I did not get to test the ultimate though..

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    I did not get to test the ultimate though..
    ill do that today for ya. 2 drunk right now and no 1's on.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

5. Default

I actually did test it after that post but could not see if the invisibility worked.

6. Default

so, with sucubus, o you need to kill w/ a headshot to get a skull, or will a regular heashot (not kill) give one? i on't know why you needed to change it from how it used to be
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

7. Default

If you see I edited that part out b/c I did not actually do that. I can if I want though.

Archmage is on release status with some slight changes:
    The weapon odds now work more similar to before. In that you will first get only a degal and then at higher levels get the m4. However unlike the old version that only gives the degal and later on the m4 it gives both at higher levels. The odds have been reprogrammed so that at higher levels if you will always get a degal if you get a m4.

8. Default

Genocide and Flame Predator are in final release status.

Genocide had some slight changes to make it work exactly like it did before. Also the invisibility ability was removed.

Remember to use resetskills on the updated races to avoid problems.

9. Default

ALL RACES NOW IN FINAL STATUS

Please see: http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/sho...0963#post80963

Anything in yellow needs to be confirmed working before release. With this all that is left is developing the stats tracking plugin and configuring general server settings. I will be able to work on it a bit next week but with finals most work will come next weekend. As stated before we WILL RELEASE BEFORE CHRISTMAS.

We are now in the FINAL DEVELOPMENT STAGE.

10. Default

I was screwing around with blade, he was on vegabond and changed his race when he was invis, it caused him 2 glitch and not move from that spot for like 3 rounds in a row.
    Last edited by maynard; 12-10-2010 at 09:18 PM.

Maynard - The WCS Guy