Thread: Maps, Lag, and Crashes, oh my!

1. Default Maps, Lag, and Crashes, oh my!

First off, many of the maps you claim you took off the server, Zero, have not actually been taken off. They show up in the map rotation and get played despite being buggy or bad.

Second, lag really needs to get fixed. I don't know what mod it is (goremod is what people tend to blame), but it's becoming increasingly annoying to have the server lag as much as it does, particularly at the end of the rounds.

Third, the server has been crashing a LOT lately. And by lately I mean the past few days, not just yesterday when WCS was being worked on (though I can't imagine why that server would affect the GG server unless they're on the same box and the box kept being restarted, but that doesn't make much sense because the server didn't always go down for a few minutes... just a couple seconds).

Otherwise, <3

2. Default

it's always lagged at end of round. always.

nothing zero can really do to fix it, he's tried before. it's not a big deal

i will agree that goremod needs to go. in fact, it shouldn't have been put on in the first place
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    First off, many of the maps you claim you took off the server, Zero, have not actually been taken off. They show up in the map rotation and get played despite being buggy or bad.

Second, lag really needs to get fixed. I don't know what mod it is (goremod is what people tend to blame), but it's becoming increasingly annoying to have the server lag as much as it does, particularly at the end of the rounds.

Third, the server has been crashing a LOT lately. And by lately I mean the past few days, not just yesterday when WCS was being worked on (though I can't imagine why that server would affect the GG server unless they're on the same box and the box kept being restarted, but that doesn't make much sense because the server didn't always go down for a few minutes... just a couple seconds).

Otherwise, <3
    I don't lag..

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    it's always lagged at end of round. always.

nothing zero can really do to fix it, he's tried before. it's not a big deal

i will agree that goremod needs to go. in fact, it shouldn't have been put on in the first place
    It doesn't always lag at the end of the round. In fact, it doesn't lagg more often than it does, but when it does, it's extremely distracting and more like playing a mystery game of who won on the last kill. The crashes are pretty bad though, along with the end of round lag. I don't notice too much in between lag though.

If you were a beautiful sound in the echos all around, I'd be your harmony.

5. Default

All i know is, i hate Goremod. Damn FPs drops like a mofo anytime i shoot someone or am shot at

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey With a Gun View Post
    All i know is, i hate Goremod. Damn FPs drops like a mofo anytime i shoot someone or am shot at
    lol , i actually use that little "lag" or fps drop when i kill someone to actually CONFIRM that i killed someone :P heheheh
    goremod should be reduced tho.
    The only thing i would suggest considering is to remove the "FLOATING DEAD GLOWING BODIES!" bcos its really distracting when u kill someone and a body floats in front of u , blocking ur aim at the person behind them...
    crashes are still happening at least 5 times per day (when i play i mean)...
    heck texture_jungle is being played even more than complex bcos of the crashes lol...
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...