Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: NIC Card Problems

  1. Default NIC Card Problems

    My built in NIC card likes to crap out when im downloading torrents and anything else really. It plays online games fine, and it flies around the internet. Just for some reason it craps out if im downloading anything,and only a computer restart brings it back to life.

    Ive updated the drivers and tried plugging right into my modem. Nothing has helped. Maybe there is a setting or something i dont know about.

  2. Default

    That doesn't sound like a network card problem, it sounds like a AV, firewall, or AS prog problem
    One cannot improve if they cannot see their mistakes!

    If you can't do it right, Don't bother!

    DeadEyeDeNNi$ <ibis.a>








  3. Default

    Anti Virus is Avast. AS? little confused

  4. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey With a Gun View Post
    AV? AS? little confused
    AV = antivirus

    AS = antispyware
    One cannot improve if they cannot see their mistakes!

    If you can't do it right, Don't bother!

    DeadEyeDeNNi$ <ibis.a>








  5. #5

    Default

    Spybot search and distroy

    You really should have 4 things protecting your computer, often they can come in suites, anti-virus, anti-spyware, anti-adware, and a firewall.

    Anyways I dont get your problem, you get slow internet when downloading things, but gameing and browsing are all downloading to, Gaming will use 30kb/s up and 30kb/s down constantly, or enough to max out a 56k modem. Surfing, with websites the way they are now, up to 1Mb a damn page, sometimes more, youtube, depending on what your watching anywhere from 300kb/s to 6Mb/s. So I cant see how this is just a problem when "downloading"


    Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

  6. Default

    im using Vuze as my torrent downloader. For whatever reason i can game and surf all i want, but the moment i go to download something with it, inside 5-10 mins if im lucky my network card goes kaput. After that, no gaming, no surfing, no nothing till i restart my computer. I dont know, maybe my computer doesnt like vuze. But i have had issues with larg downloads from websites (in the gig region). Thank god that website saved where you were in the download cause i had to restart 4 times to finish.

  7. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey With a Gun View Post
    im using Vuze as my torrent downloader. For whatever reason i can game and surf all i want, but the moment i go to download something with it, inside 5-10 mins if im lucky my network card goes kaput. After that, no gaming, no surfing, no nothing till i restart my computer. I dont know, maybe my computer doesnt like vuze. But i have had issues with larg downloads from websites (in the gig region). Thank god that website saved where you were in the download cause i had to restart 4 times to finish.
    bingo.

    google the following:
    azeurus torrent client + old versions

    find the version before they implemented Vuze.

    vuze is retarded beyond belief, but azeurus kicks ass
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

  8. Default

    I will try that.

  9. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey With a Gun View Post
    My built in NIC card likes to crap out when im downloading torrents and anything else really. It plays online games fine, and it flies around the internet. Just for some reason it craps out if im downloading anything,and only a computer restart brings it back to life.

    Ive updated the drivers and tried plugging right into my modem. Nothing has helped. Maybe there is a setting or something i dont know about.
    OK you need to more specific then "Craps out?"
    Secondly needs answers like whats your processor stress (precentage usage), memory usage, and network usage when it "Craps out" all can be found it task manager. This way figure if its really hardware related or software.

    Quote Originally Posted by DeadEyeDeNNi$ View Post
    That doesn't sound like a network card problem, it sounds like a AV, firewall, or AS prog problem
    and agreed, never heard of NIC freezeing a pc to forcing a computer to restart

  10. #10

    Default

    Why not use utorrent? its called nano for a damn reason, its Highly efficient and light on recorses.


    Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •